What exactly is autism?

Im going to look at them, he doesn't like the loud trucks and things like that :( does ur ds wear them all the time?

Not all the time, it depends on his mood too but now he is older he understands when he needs them and either shows me the too noisy card of just gets them.

We do use them in supermarkets, roadworks, shops, london and just at home if we have music on lol. xx

we use them on school run because of loud vehicles and cars beeping etc. x

Some really good advise thanks people :flower:

He hardly talks he says, dada, daddy, mummy, will will (his brothers name) hungry, doggy and that's all, he talked more when he was much younger like 8 mths. He was toungetied at birth and one day he snapped it and after that he hardly spoke, I just put it down to his tounge feeling different but not now. He is very vocal and hardly shuts up, but it's just like babbling sounds. He does have lots of facial expressions and he is a very tickily boy and giggles alot. I wouldn't say he is the cuddliest of kids it's a big hug or a kiss from his tounge then off he goes. I will buy some cards next time I'm in town. Thanks again this thread is really helping me lots and lots.

Just received my letter to make an appointment Eeekk!!

I used to say dexter hated me because he would meet cuddle or kiss and was the moodest kid ever! He still o but getting a abit better

I thought my son hated me, I even thought somehow we hadn't bonded and that was why he don't look at me :(

My friend who is 22 with ASD told me it feels like his eyes burn when he made eye contact, this helped me understand my son more xx

Just found out their is a special needs school 15 mins drive away, my daughters social worker is going to get all the details for me. For first time ever he climbed the stairs tonight with the encouragement from his bottle, everytime he went to grab the bottle we moved it up a step, he did get a bit cross but he did it, yay! :)

hi just something u mentioned about the eye rollingmy son mckenzie does this and alot of docts op`s have said its sensorey (how ever u spell it lol ) he might just like the feel of doing it does he have any other likes like mckenzie loves silk he will have his blanket and stroke the silky lable foe long periods of time or he get distressed with the feel of other things again like mckenzie he freaks at water just thought this might help might be worth keeping a look out mckenzie is very senceory he even spits out his food and feels every thing before and dueing he eats mckenzie also loves blinking he will blink really fast cos he likes the feeling of it hope i helped

Yes he has always had a thing about stroking tags and sucking on them, the minute he sees a tag he goes straight for it. I hope his eye rolling is just a senseory (sp?) lol thing. Finlay absolutely loves water, he sits on the plug hole so the water doesn't go out out and once I get all the water out he lays at the bottom of the bath shaking his whole body making strange noises, when I pick him up he kicks off.

How much T.V does your LO's watch? I used to let him watch playhouse disney channel which he loves, we have had to wean him off it slowly because when we used to turn it over he used to throw a paddy for like an hour until we eventually gave in and put it back on. We have now got him down to watching it an hour before bed. I thought at first that it was causing his strange behaviour but when I cut him down he was still the same.

See my dexter hates touch, he hates water and hd hates anything on his hands :( he runs Around in circles alot Nf flaps his arms :)

My son watches a lot of tv but that suits us as he is very visual :)

Is your son statemented as you need statement for a special needs school xx

I really don't know to be honest, it's just his walk, speach and tumbles that makes me think he would need an assistant but hopefully once he has seen consultant and get a clearer idea to what's wrong with him then I can start thinking about nursery's, it's all still confusing to me because I don't know exactly what is wrong with my LO :( xx

Its a very confusing time time for you atm, just take each day at a time xx

Just seen the comment about dexter flapping his arms, Finlay does this he also holds his hands together and shakes them too, I have a short video of him when he was having his mad half hour in his world of his own is it OK to post them on here?

Dexter does that too and runs around And around in circles. He's started outing his arms out behind him an runnig too

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->