What fizzy pop can u drink when pregnant

mummylove

Reaction score
I do like a fizzy drink everyday. I used to drink diet Coke but I dont drink that now as it has caffeine in. I have 1 can of Coke a day but I want to stop that cause that can be bad to drink, I just want to know what fizzy pop can I drink? My boyfriend did buy me Sprite Zero that is caffeine free.

Iv just been drinking it as normal, a bit of caffine is fine

there's nothin wrong with drinkin fizzy drinks durin pregnancy.
obviously water / fruit juices / etc are better... but don't stop urself drink fizzy drinks if u enjoy them... all i've been able to drink in third tri is sprite.
also, there's less than 50mg of caffeine in a can of coke... nd we are allowed to drink up to 300mg of caffeine in pregnancy.
there's enough things that are a big no-no in pregnancy... nd some things allowed in moderation... no point denyin urself things if u don't need to.

Personally, I don't drink diet or zero anything, especially while pregnant, because its full of artificial sweeteners. They're pure chemicals and not good for you :(

If you're worried about drinking pop, why not buy some fizzy water and different flavoured fruit juice and make your own? I do it for the kids all the time (and me!) and it's really yummy, you can maky any combo flavour you like and you'll get the benefit of a few extra vitamins from the juice x

I agree with some of the other girls. If you want to drink it just drink it in moderation. To be honest, the diet/zero stuff tend to have worse things in them than caffine.

When i was pregnant for daught i still drunk some coke but tended to stick with 7up :) a bit of caffine isnt to bad for you hun xx

I would avoid anything with Aspartame in it, so most low-cal drinks.

rootbeer and sprite are a favorite because they are caffeine free, but i can't seem to stop myself from drinking a bottle of dr pepper a day. it's just so addicting, and there's not enough caffeine to do any damage. do try to drink lots of water though. that's what's best for both you and LO.

For the first 12 weeks of my pregnancy I was overly paranoid and stopped all caffiene... I'm not quite sure how I survived! I cut out chocolate, tea and all fizzy drinks and just drank water and fruit juices... but I had terrible nausea up until about 14 weeks and don't think I could have stomached it anyway! I started to calm down a lot after the 12 week scan once I knew all was good... started to have a glass of coke a day and that gradually increased over the weeks til I'm pretty much eating and drinking the same as I was prior to being pregnant and every MW appointment has been perfect, measurements spot on for dates, wee and BP fine, heartbeat strong and a very happy baby living in my tummy. I think it's normal to worry about what you eat and drink because you don't just have your own health to think about anymore, but I've got naughtier as D-day approaches... I even had a runny fried egg yesterday :haha:

So don't worry too much, caffiene won't hurt as long as you aren't drinking 10 coffees a day! xx

I've stopped drinking diet or zero anything, because of the aspartame. It's been linked to pre-term birth in a recent study so I figure the risk just isn't worth it for me, for the sake of avoiding a few calories. Most low calorie drinks, including a lot of flavoured waters, contain it - check the labels!

I still drink full-fat coke and dr pepper though, and fresh orange and lemonade if I go out. All Asda's own brand stuff is aspartame-free as well which was good to know - they use sucralose instead which I think is one of the slightly less evil artificial sweeteners (I think aspartame is the king nasty and acesulfame is not far off)

Mostly I just drink water though. Managed to kick my Diet Coke habit when I found out I was pregnant and am keen not to replace it!

It serioulsy will not harm your LO. If you enjoy it then have it:flower:

In our society unless you are a raw food diet addict there will allways be additives in something that you eat (spreads, sweets, butter, bread, ceraeals, meat.....)-i would not worry about a few additives here and there.

During my first trimester with horrific nausea and sickness i would have been constantly dehydrated without Ribena juice-what is worse? Dehydration or some additives and sugar?

I've still been drinking Diet Coke, bit I've cut down a fair bit...Hopefully its not too bad for baby :nope:

If you're worried about coke but cant give it up, the lesser of the two evils is regular coke.
Diet coke has those nasty sweetners in it and it also contains more caffeine than regular coke does :)

I agree with most of the other ladies - the caffeine in a can of coke's not so bad, but stay away from aspartame! I guess it might be okay in moderation, but it's also pretty gross...

I drank caffine everyday of my pregnancy, and have a perfectly healthy little boy. One a day won't do any harm. I agree that aspartame in diet drinks seems more harmful then caffine. I still won't drink it while breastfeeding, because of its links to autism.

I love pepsi max & I haven't given that up - as someone else said there's only about 50mg of caffeine in a can & when you're pregnant you can have up to 300mg a day...I don't drink coffee & haven't touched a drop of alcohol since I got my BFP so I personally don't think there's anything wrong with it!!

coke washes away calcium -- that was the main reason why i stopped drinking it, i didn't drink lots of it (max 3 cans per week) but still it was seen in my urine test results that it washes away the calcium. as soon as i stopped drinking it leg cramping stopped and my tests were back to normal..

I drink about one glass of pop a day with my evening meal. I have been drinking diet coke etc though just because i cant stand full fat coke anymore, i turn into a fidget and cant sit still and get a headache :dohh:. Ive started drinking sprite more than i used to just because LO goes crazy in my belly :haha: Its fun too watch him wriggle, especially if he's having a quiet day.

You can drink whatever one you want. You'd have to drink 8 a day, I think, to hit max out your caffeine for the day (assuming you aren't getting caffeine from any other source).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->