What food works for you?

jinxii

Reaction score
Currently, I have serious food aversions and I try not to eat anything that is bad for baby. Which sucks because my brain seems to think it needs plain bagels for every meal, which I won't give in to. Luckily I can cook and soups seem to work most of the time. But sometimes I heat it up and then just stare at it because even the smell makes me nauseous.. *sigh* so currently my things I can eat are limited to

fruit-mostly apples, bananas, and grapes
soups-the two I have frozen in batches are beef and bean, and chicken and barley (this one sits better in my tummy) both have tons of veg in them
whole grain crackers
string cheese
yogurt
bagels
snap peas
nuts occasionally. Usually they make me want to barf but on a good day I can eat a little handful. Good for babies brain!

Okay..I got creeped out for a minute because as I was looking through the list of foods "baby's brain" caught my eye :haha:
On mobile the text was rearranged a bit ^^

Haha.. no.. I won't be eating brains!! I haven't gone that crazy yet :)

Fruit and yoghurt smoothies were my lifesaver with my son ��
Cranberries and apricots , dried.
Rice cakes, not exactly healthy but were good when nauseous
Chicken stew or chicken broth , homemade is a good tummy settler too

With dd all I could stomach was fruits, veg and rice krispies. Anything meat was a big no and really the thought of eating made me want to heave. My dr said to eat what I could to avoid too much weight loss but to be sure to get as much water in to me as I could manage. Lemon water and lemon candies saved me at work from gagging all day. Mine tapered off at 14 wks and I was able to eat after that (no meat the whole pg and funny enough I've never been able to get dd to eat meat).
The moral of the story is to eat what you can and drink lots and soon enough you should be able to eat again. Baby will survive off of your reserves so not to worry unless you are getting nothing.

God I can't wait for this misery to end! Food aversions,sickness and heightened smell. Sometimes the nausea wakes me from my sleep :( I eat a shit load of bananas and dry toast. Last night I had some takeout pizza. Big mistake!! Been heaving ever since !!

I've been so hungry with this pregnancy! I used to eat grilled chicken salads every day for lunch, but grilled chicken is my only food aversion again, and I've been craving so many carbs. Pizza, burgers, breaded chicken, rice... no idea how I've only gained half a pound so far. :haha:

I've been so hungry with this pregnancy! I used to eat grilled chicken salads every day for lunch, but grilled chicken is my only food aversion again, and I've been craving so many carbs. Pizza, burgers, breaded chicken, rice... no idea how I've only gained half a pound so far. :haha:

This is how I'm feeling right now and yesterday. I can't satiate my hunger. It goes between hunger and nausea but is just sitting there making me crazy.

I found this yesterday because nothing I did or ate would make the nausea go away yesterday. Potatoes are my default if I feel like total crap. They seem to settle my stomach the best. And apples.

https://www.pregnancy.org/article/top-10-foods-to-beat-morning-sickness

I am 18 weeks and hardly anything still!
I eat most sweet fruit and fruit smoothies pretty well. I try to avoid dairy or meats just in case I throw up. I have not thrown up in a month but still cannot eat well. I have lost a total of 14 pounds since I became pregnant and I still have not gained a pound :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->