What foundation do you use?

Jaysmummy

Mum of 3 and WTT
Reaction score
I've always used high street brands like Rimmel, 17 etc

I have pitted acne scars and have never found anything that helps. I've ordered some skin correcting serum that is supposed to be fantastic but am looking for a nice foundation to use.

I wear foundation, bronzer and mascara every day so I don't mind spending a bit more on a foundation if it helps me feel better about my skin.

So, what do you use? Is there any difference between brands like Rimmel and Maybelline and say Mac or Smashbox?

I like no7 beautifully matte foundation, I think they have really improved their range recently and it feels just as good as the Estée Lauder double wear that I used to buy x

I have never found a foundation that I love.
I go for the one that matches my skin colour and the only ones I've found are mac nw10 or nw13 depending on the season.
I only want to cover up my red cheeks as I have fairly good skin otherwise.
Xx

I really like mac foundation, either liquid or like this compact one? Just depends on what my skin is like at the time. Atm i'm using maybelline super stay 24 which is actually pretty good, seems to give good coverage. Dior do an airflash foundation which is amazing but cost about £30 so I only use it for special occasions (usually save up boots points to buy it!) as it doesn't seem to last that long, but it kind of gives a bit of an airbrush finish! Estee Lauder double wear is pretty good too. I have pretty rubbish and quite uneven skin so always looking for the perfect foundation haha!

I really like Smashbox and do think it's worth the extra money, I have dry skin and their foundations look very natural on my skin.
But I also really love Rimmels wake me up foundation - it is quite 'dewy' but it really makes my skin look glowy.

I use a primer (Revlon Photoready) which I find hides my spots far better than when I don't use one.

I was given Mac Full Coverage foundation and Estee Lauder CC cream for Christmas which are both awesome, especially when mixed (the Mac hides EVERYTHING) and Revlon Photoready is my everyday stuff - really easy to apply and good coverage - probably the best high street one I've tried.

To answer your last question, it can be harder to find a foundation that camouflages scars and stays put on the high street IMO. I find Rimmel foundations the worst - watery and never stays for more than an hour (although it's been a few years since I bought any). Revlon and Maxfactor are generally my go-to brands, and Bourjois seems to be better for people who already have clear skin.

Clinique, is more than I can afford but it lasts ages x

I use revlon photo finish (think that's why it's called) I really wanna try mac but I'm really nervous (stupid I know) to go and ask at a make up counter about it have no idea why lol

Really really tempted to try the Mac full coverage.

I think it's Rimmel Wake Me Up I have at the moment. It's pretty good but doesn't cover my scars as much as I'd like.

Hmmmmm if only I had a voucher or discount code.......maybe I'll wait for a code in the bargain thread :haha:

I don't wear it much but I use the bare minerals powered foundation and conceal, coves up my spots well My friens did my make up for my wedding and thats what she used. xxx

MAC here, couldnt go back to anything else. Used to use Maybellene but when I started using MAC the difference was obvious. Worth the money and I actually feel it lasts longer.
I was one of those people who swore id never use more expensive foundation but i see the point now!

Don't buy mac on ebay though, 99% of it is fake.
Xx

Oh god yeah :rofl:

Might be worth heading to a counter if you have one nearby, and they can help you with shades.

I so badly want to start using mac but I hate the thought of going to the counter. I'm so awkward :lol:

I just use BB cream at the moment x

Take someone with you Steph - I hate it too :rofl:

Which one do you use Atomic?

Just had a quick look for the full coverage one but can only seem to find that on American websites :shrug:

I use bonjours, Healthy skin or something! Can't remember the name. It's good

studio fix fluid, not tried the others. I splashed out on a 190 brush too. Thought it was pricey but months on its perfect, they last years

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->