What foundation do you use?

I use clinique pore refiner then nip and fab cc cream. I'm tempted to go for mac next time though!

edit- Ive found its best to spend as much as you can afford really. Revlon is my go to quick make-up though.

I use Bare Minerals foundation, warmth and mineral veil.... been using it for 2 years and I have no intention of trying anything else now :thumbup:

Which one do you use Atomic?

Just had a quick look for the full coverage one but can only seem to find that on American websites :shrug:

Just pulled it out and realised I must have mixed the name up with something else - it's 'Pro Longwear' and I think OH got it from Debenhams :)

I use Estée Lauder Double Wear, it hides everything and lasts all day, its pricey, but a little goes a long way.

I use chanel vitalumiere aqua, it's lovely but quite a lightweight coverage and 'dewy' finish rather than matte. It's perfect for me but i'm not sure if it'd be right for someone who wanted heavier coverage, but chanel do other foundation and the quality is gorgeous :thumbup:

YES, there is a massive difference. Better quality products cost more; it may not work like that with everything but it definitely does when it comes to makeup. More expensive foundations have better coverage, smoother consistency and the concentrated pigment makes you use a lot less, which altogether means you don't need to buy as often. I ALWAYS tell people to spend a bit more, especially on foundation. The base is what holds the rest of the makeup together, you want it to set and stay and not budge, you also want even coverage as that means powders and blushers will always go on more evenly and not look blotchy. I love MAC, always have, and I've tried all kinds of makeup, for what you're getting and how long their products last it is WELL worth the money. Bobbi brown, Georgio Armani, Chanel and Estée Lauder also do great foundations xx

I don't even use it for most days. I put concealer under my eyes, on my nose creases and on any spots and that's that for coverage, except a bit of loose powder if I need it/am going somewhere nice. People probably assume I'm wearing foundation though, as my concealer is MAC and is brilliant.

I use normally the Clinique Almost Powder foundation because it is the only thing that has never broken me out.. most foundations make my skin come out in pimples.. at the moment I am using L'oreal Nude Magique Eau de Teint as it got really good reviews and I really like this at the moment is very watery but turns into a powder on your skin :) xx

One thing I always stress is that the base of the foundation is so important for the likes of scarring. Make sure you get a good primer. It can make a huge difference. I'd recommend No.7 Airbrush away or Benefit Porefessional. They're pricey but they're GREAT for very uneven skin. Or Mac prep and Prime Skin Smoother, which I'm not personally keen on but other MUAs I know swear by it.

For foundations I wouldn't recommend anything too dewy as they can highlight uneven skin. Any bumps on the skin and the light just reflects off it. What's your skin like? Is it oily, dry etc.
One of my favourites just now is 'Nars Sheer Matte' The other being good old Makeup Forever, Mat Velvet.
Failing all thos, Double wear will rarely let you down.

I think the best thing you can really do is go into somewhere like Jenners and try a few.

One thing I always stress is that the base of the foundation is so important for the likes of scarring. Make sure you get a good primer. It can make a huge difference. I'd recommend No.7 Airbrush away or Benefit Porefessional. They're pricey but they're GREAT for very uneven skin. Or Mac prep and Prime Skin Smoother, which I'm not personally keen on but other MUAs I know swear by it.

For foundations I wouldn't recommend anything too dewy as they can highlight uneven skin. Any bumps on the skin and the light just reflects off it. What's your skin like? Is it oily, dry etc.
One of my favourites just now is 'Nars Sheer Matte' The other being good old Makeup Forever, Mat Velvet.
Failing all thos, Double wear will rarely let you down.

I think the best thing you can really do is go into somewhere like Jenners and try a few.

Thank you :flower:

I've been wanting to get a primer for ages and think I'm going to get the benefit one if it's recommended?

My Lancome Visionnaire arrived today and I can't wait to try it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->