What happens at 24 week appointment?

Laura80

Reaction score
I have my 24 week check up this week. What will happen? Do i need to give blood?

Mine was just a normal check up, nothing done or taken.

Do they not start going through your birth plan at this point? I’m sure my Midwife said that’s what we would be doing at my next appointment ...

I think it can be different where you live? I'm in the UK and 24 was normal however 28 was bloods. :) (my youngest just turned 5 though so I hope nothing has changed lol)

I think it can be different where you live? I'm in the UK and 24 was normal however 28 was bloods. :) (my youngest just turned 5 though so I hope nothing has changed lol)

You’re right! 24 was a standard check, 28 had bloods :) I didn’t do my birth plan however until my last appointment at 36 weeks, it wasn’t even necessary because like I was told in most cases birth plans aren’t even followed because anything can happen.

Thanks girls. I hate giving blood, got another 4 weeks before I’ve to worry about it.

You're sure lucky you don't have a clotting disorder or a chronic disease - getting blood drawn is nothing to me, honestly!

I give myself a shot in the belly every day (soon to be 2) and I get my blood drawn once a month to check how the blood thinner is treating me. When I'm not pregnant, I get my blood drawn at least every 3 months to check my thyroid levels. It's just a little prick.. I'll admit I don't like to watch the blood come out...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->