What happens if you break open a pregnancy test?

Hopeful2BMomm

Reaction score
I know you're not supposed to break them open, but if you do, what happens? Could a line appear after the time frame?

I have broken one after I used it and I didn't see a change. But in the First Response there this pink tablet in it. Always wondered what it was for.

Nothing happens if you break it open. I think the reason they say not to, is because if you have to break it open to see a "line", it probably shouldn't be counted as a bfp anyway, because it's most likely an indent, evap, or the antibody strip. :flower:

If a line did show pink after breaking it open maybe between 5-10 minutes, would you think it's a false positive?

I have read that evaps can happen quicker when you open them so I wouldn't say it is an accurate test. I would test again. Good luck!

Don't count it as a BFP!

I did exactly this 3 days ago...was 10dpo and took a FRER apart. After it dried I could see a faint but visible PINK line. Even though a thousand sites say NOT to look at if after 10 minutes, I KINDA got my hopes up thinking that since it was actually pink and not gray, that it must mean something. Well I tested again last night with another FRER and it was absolutely blank 100% negative. I behaved and didn't crack this one open and threw it away after 10 minutes so I wouldn't be tempted. If the first pink evap was the start of a BFP, then I probably would have had something on a test 2 days later.

Long story short - WARNING! FRER's can get PINK evaps! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laree1820
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->