What happens if...

Plumfairy

Mum-mum-mum-mum
Reaction score
...you just put the normal amount of detergent in with your nappies? Does it really affect the absorbancy that much?

I have just had to put my nappies on to wash again after already doing a full pre wash and 60'c cycle because they are smelly! I used soapnuts and tee tree but they really stank...! :sick: Maybe I need to wash more often.. I wash every 3-4 days to try and keep washloads down but should I be washing more regularly? Ta x

Try using some vinegar in the final rinse. Or even just doing a few extra rinses it might be detergent build up

Could be the soapnuts too- some people love them, but they don't work for us. So much so that I have put laundry on immediately after Emma has pooped, done a full wash on cold and then a full wash on hot with the soapnuts and the diaper still smells of poop after all that washing :shrug: I read that if you have hard water, they don't work very well (we don't so it doesn't explain our problem) and also read that adding a 1/2c of either baking soda, washing soda or borax (not all 3 at once though, lol) can help. I haven't tried that though.

But yeah, the original Q re: full detergent, just make sure there are no bubbles in your rinse water and you should be fine :)

If you use full detergent then you jsut need to do an extra rinse afterwards. I had to for a short while as like you we had stink issues. Bleached some inserts and that temporarily sorted the smell, we then switched to bold 2 in 1 and not had smells since :D

I normally use a 1/3 of daz and do an extra rinse (my machine has a button for extra rinse) then tumble them. I've not had any smells yet and I leave mine 2/3 days in the bucket before washing.

Should be fine - you're effectively just doing a strip wash! Just keep rinsing until all those bubbles are out.

I also read somewhere that nappies shouldn't be left dirty any longer than 2 days, or the ammonia can really get stinky and damage elastic!! I was washing every 3 days but switched back to every other day after I read that.

yeah you are pretty much doing a strip wash- a full amount of detergent and the rinse till all bubbles are gone. Should get them really clean!

Iv just bleached my BG V3 mf inserts and the smell is gone :thumbup:

i use full detergent every now and then as others have said just to do a strip wash, i just make sure to give them 2 or 3 rinses afterwards to make sure its all out :)

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->