what happens when you wait too long to read opk?

BunnyN

Reaction score
I got a very close to positive line on the morning of day 14 of my cycle but I forgot about the test and only looked at it a couple of hrs later. I tested again in the afternoon and the line was back to being faint and has been ever since (now on day 17). So I'm wondering if it was a positive that faded or if it is more likely it got darker. I had a period last month but I'm still breastfeeding so I don't know if my cycles are regular yet.

Thanks. Do they ever get darker when they have been left too long?

I use the dollar store ones...they always fade after a few hours, then horribly fade after 24 hours. Just go by your results in the time frame for sure.

I'm thinking it's quite likely it was a positive that faded slightly. It was very close to being as dark as the control line and it was on the day I would have expected to ovulate. That or my body was gearing up to ov and then changed it's mind because of the breastfeeding. It will be interesting to see if my period arrives on time now (or a BFP :)).

Mine have gotten darker after leaving them.

Mine have gotten darker after leaving them.

Mmm thanks, maybe that was it then. Ive never had one do that before so I think it was sat least a small surge in hormones just dont know if it was big enough to cause ovulation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->