What helped you..

ashleyy0

Mom to Hunter NTNP#2
Reaction score
Anyone else been having really bad heartburn and indigestion? I have had it pretty bad since 19 weeks and I have been taking zantac 150 for it. But it seems the farther along I get the worse its getting and the zantac just isn't working anymore. What remedies have you done or what have you taken thats helped you? Its really starting to become a pain and I am afraid to eat or drink anything at this point!

Mine just started to get bad at like 35 weeks. Since ya know, my stomach isnt even existent right now! But unfortunately, the only thing that has helped is what you are already taking. I also chew tums if I must. Try and eat smaller meals all day, and drink milk afterwards.

Eating a small portion of ice cream before meals and drinking milk before bed!

I did the same with my last ended up being gallstones mabey see if dr will up the does

pineapple has always done the trick for me, especially frozen pineapple

Milk is the only thing at helps mine! I'm drinking like 4 pints a day! Xx

I hear ya! I can't even sleep on my right side now due to heartburn flares up. I lose a lot of sleep that way. If I turn on my left side or back then I'm fine. Doesn't matter what I eat and I take Pepcid now. Seems to help during the day. I have tried milk, eating smaller portions, etc. etc. Doesn't work.

I have found cutting out caffine and chocolate has helped, but its still awful, it doesn't take much to make it kick in
I have heard milk is good but I can't stand milk

Thanks ladies! I already eat smaller meals a day because of the sickness. If I eat too much at once I get sick. But it seems everything I eat/drink causes it.

I am with you tinkerbelle I can't stand milk by itself. I have been eating more cereal so that I intake more milk but it doesn't help.

Butterflywolf I have started losing sleep over it too! It woke me up out of my sleep last night and I tossed and turned and took me forever to get back to sleep. It actually burns so bad it makes me feel sick to my stomach.

Thanks everyone else I will try to do the ice cream and frozen pineapple. I pray one of those works!!!

All I've been doing is lots of tums and glasses of cold milk.

For those of you who don't like milk - try some mac n cheese. Since it still has the dairy from the cheese sauce, it could still help. It does for me for those times when my heartburn is actually being caused by an empty stomach.

I get it terrible as soon as I lay down for bed and if I dont take anything I'll have it all night long so bad it makes me throw up! I drink milk before bed and I have a huge thing of tums on my nightstand to take!

I get really bad heartburn - especially at night when I lie down! I hate Gaviscon, Rennie, etc so I always have a big glass of cold milk just before I lie down and it stops it almost instantly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->