What household chore do you hate the most?

Ironing! I only iron LOs clothes because they're so easy...everything else gets ironed by our cleaning lady.

I hate hanging washing out xxx

I love hoovering and I love ironing! :dohh:

I absolutely hate pairing socks out the drier and unloading the dishwasher though xxx

Washing for me too... Mainly because i have no dryer now. I simply put my washing on a maiden and wait daaays for it to dry before i can put it away or put a fresh load on.
Its so irritating! Especially since i moved house, i needed to wash all my clothes again because the houseshare i lived in was just gross... Everything smelled of dog wee and damp, so i re-washed everything... Took me 3 months to get on top of the washing.... Was sooo happy and proud of myself... Then found OH's secret stash behind the chair in our bedroom... I felt like crying!! Id been hoping to start using my cloth nappies again, but it simply isnt possible with all this washing and no dryer. *sighs*

Washing for me too... Mainly because i have no dryer now. I simply put my washing on a maiden and wait daaays for it to dry before i can put it away or put a fresh load on.
Its so irritating! Especially since i moved house, i needed to wash all my clothes again because the houseshare i lived in was just gross... Everything smelled of dog wee and damp, so i re-washed everything... Took me 3 months to get on top of the washing.... Was sooo happy and proud of myself... Then found OH's secret stash behind the chair in our bedroom... I felt like crying!! Id been hoping to start using my cloth nappies again, but it simply isnt possible with all this washing and no dryer. *sighs*

I have no dryer now and even when I did have one I barely used it as it's so expensive. I have 2 airers that I use on rotation. I can fit 2 loads on 1 of them so that's my main wash one, then I have another smaller one that takes 1 load so I use that on interim washes. I do 3 loads every 3 days and we just about get there..... that is until I have to change bedding or something like that....then I'm thrown all out of whack! :dohh: don't mind it though. I love the summer when I have a washing line too! :D

I have no dryer now and even when I did have one I barely used it as it's so expensive. I have 2 airers that I use on rotation. I can fit 2 loads on 1 of them so that's my main wash one, then I have another smaller one that takes 1 load so I use that on interim washes. I do 3 loads every 3 days and we just about get there..... that is until I have to change bedding or something like that....then I'm thrown all out of whack! :dohh: don't mind it though. I love the summer when I have a washing line too! :D

I seriously cannot wait for the sun to show!
I can finally use my washing line then! Haha!
Thats one of the main things that gets me atm, bedding, we have guests all the time, and were currently attempting potty training, so bedding is forever being washed, i usually stick them on the radiators though :p that way theyre dried so much quicker!

Were going to be getting a dryer fitted in the shed soon, it already has electric in it, so its getting "kitted out" as the OH puts it. :p

Washing up, especially when hubby puts plates WITH food on in the sink...:sick:

I hate doing the bed sheets but i loved going to bed with fresh clean sheets.

I really effing hate laundry. No, rephrase. I hate folding laundry. I can throw them in the washer and dryer no problem but when it comes time fold, hang, blah blah blah. Drives me nuts. It's hot and it makes my back hurt and wah. :haha:

I actually quite enjoy it all tbh. But my WORST household chore is a bit random. I peel and chop in the food processor 2 bulbs of garlic at a time and store in the fridge in an airtight container so whenever I need it it's all chopped and ready to use. You'd think it wouldn't take long to do but it's so tedious and peeling it all takes a flipping age. SO BORING plus my hands stink for days after. And I have to do it right now. Gah.

Changing bed sheets annoys the hell out of me, no idea why :/ not that I don't do it, I do, it's just it frustrates me.

Cleaning the skirting boards, so boring and long.

However I love ironing and cleaning the toilet/bathroom

Hate: Changing duvet cover, drying up and putting dishes away. I don't touch the bins if I can avoid it, OH always does them
Like: Ironing and putting everything away all neat and tidy, pegging out washing when it's sunny, cleaning bathrooms so they're nice and fresh.

Anything to do with the cat. Cleaning up her pissy cat litter or even feeding her! I dunno why coz I actually really love her! But doing those things really bugs me!

We live in a flat so all of our clothes go on a clothes horse/maiden to dry, I usually fill up 4 a day and it drives me mad! The only thing is general tidying, though it's very satisfying when things are nice and tidy :)

Putting washing on the line. Hate it!

The worse has to be changing the bin then it would be ironing but thats now OH job :D

I really like changing bed sheets and cleaning the oven. I find it really satisfying to see a sparkling oven or fresh sheets.

The washing, but only in the winter (in the summer I wear a thin dress and a pair of knickers and it takes ages to fill the washing machine) But when its cold I wear lots of layers, and the washing machine is continuously full and I can't put it on at the same time as the dryer. It feels like a battle I never ever win, the basket is NEVER empty!

Hate: hoovering the stairs weirdly enough! Doing dishes, the sooner oh buys me a dishwasher the better! Changing beds BUT I love seeing them when they are done with fresh ironed sheets :-/

Love: ironing and everything else! OH thinks I'm a bit OCD about cleaning at times :-/

Ironing! I would rather clean ten toilets than iron anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->