What? I don't even know what to think...

I used to be a waitress, and there were more times than I could actually count that we'd get busy, and since our establishment didn't have a busboy meant that their drink cups stayed on the table. A lot depends as well on the personality of the people at the table. I've seen people place a full beer in front of a Mom with a baby, not because Mom was drinking it mind you - but her spot at said table had more room. Dinner plates, salad plates etc tend to get in the way.

I found it really judgey if I'm honest. My best friend just had a baby, she's not breastfeeding, even pulled out a bottle at the restaurant. Her, another friend of ours and myself were out having lunch. She had A beer. Just one. And the waitress was seriously judgey with us. :nope: Like in her mind, my friend should've been sitting at home doting on her baby rather than bringing her to the restaurant and *gasp* have a beer.

She even had the audacity to ask if my friend was breastfeeding, while drinking her ONE beer. :nope: None of her business if she was or wasn't! I'm not wanting this to turn into a bf/ff debate, I'm firmly in the "do what works for you" camp. But it was really upsetting to see my friend get openly judged by someone who doesn't even KNOW her. :nope:

See I would be more concerned about the drinking and being able to care for the child rather than the breast feeding...because surely if you have had that many drinks where the waitress is concerned about the alcohol content of the woman's breast milk, the lady would be trashed???

Yeah I agree with this. I couldn't care for a baby after 3 drinks, no way. Just seems an easy way to bash breastfeeding tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->