• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What i the point in sterlising bottles from around 4 months onwards?

I sterilized with my 1st till he was 3 months and with my 2nd till she was 2 months. Not sure when I will stop with this one, probably around 2 months, both my kids were completely fine without it.

Thread where it's probably helpful to look at the locations of those replying - it's one of those big UK/US difference ones.

We still sterilise - I don't 100% trust my husband's washing up and any milk residue would be a really nice breeding ground for problems - but it's just a case of chucking bottles in the milton tub till needed so not really a concious action to run a steriliser or anything (and also stops all the bits of bottles getting lost all over the place).

i only sterilise bottles cos i like to ensure that there's no lingering bacteria from the milk. we don't sterilise anything else though!

Putting them through the dishwasher is very similar to steam sterilising them as long as it has a very hot steam drying cycle at the end as most do. I only sterilise bottles because of the milk and small parts that can be hard to clean etc. I don't do beakers etc after 6 months if they have only had water or juice in them.

we're still sterilising due to the fact neocate milk will grow on anything, we stopped for a few days but the bottles stunk and had black mould after 3 hours

we're still sterilising due to the fact neocate milk will grow on anything, we stopped for a few days but the bottles stunk and had black mould after 3 hours

Mold? yuck, I'd do it then too in that case. I guess it may depend on the formula how easily the bottles come clean.

yep but she is on a special formula due to allergies. most supermarket milks are fine not to sterilise if that's your preference

I know what you mean, i just feel like they feel/look cleaner once they've been sterilised, i still sterilised my eldests dummies until he stopped having them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->