what if he doesnt nap enough?

T

tinytoes

i was reading pampers and according tp them my 4 month old should sleep 9 to 12 hours per night and take 2 x 2 to 3 hour naps per day.
https://www.pampers.co.uk/en_GB/parenting-articles/shhhhh-theyre-asleep/1891
My LO gets about 11 at night but only has short day naps.

Our routine:

6.30 - wake up
8 - nap
8.45 - up and play (i can set my clock by him sleeping for 40-45 mins)
10 - go for walk for an hour and nap from about 10.15 or 10.30 in stroller
11 - wake up
12.30 another 30 min nap.
3.30ish - 30 min nap.

so we have 2 45 min naps and 2 30 mins. Is it enough?? he just wakes up. he kind of decided the routine himself - should i try hader to get him to sleep longer?

will his brain development etc be ok??

Now I read that by Gabbis age (2 months) she should be having no more than 3 - 4 hours between 7 and 7 then she should sleep better at night. Well, I can tell you she normally sleeps about 4 - 6 hours during these times but recently has started sleeping less, about 3 1/2, but she is more aware of things happening around her and is nosey! lol. She does nap rather than sleep thoguh. She can almost sleep through anything, I can hoover, have TV on, chat on Skype and she sleeps. If they want to sleep then let them as long as you don't over do it or they may not sleep at night!!

Gabbi is asleep now and by the time I wake her, she will have had about 3 1/2 hours. Our day normally starts at 7 but today it started at 8.45, what can I say, we both slept!!! I adjust her routine to suit. So the nap she is having now is the one she normally has between 11 and 2.30!!

I really don;'t think your sons brain development would be affected, make sure you have fun times with him, songs, etc (Gabbi loves Bibidi bobbidi boo from Cinderella, but only likes it when she can laugh at me dancing aswell!), anything that stimulates him.

I'm not sure. Hannah has about 6 30-45 minute naps per day and sleeps around 10 hours at night (of course that's not 10 straight hours she wakes up all the time)

I dont think if your baby dosent sleep enough that it will effect him brain wise lol do get yourself worried for nothing n most information is based of general babies there not all the same

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Hold on...close your eyes and ears ish*.....
BOLLOCKS TO THAT GUIDE
Dont worry tiny,just go on what your lil man is happy with....Tabs is the same i can set my watch to usually 35 mins....sometimes 45 mins and very very rarely she will surprise me and do an hour and a half (only once a fortnight or so).When i saw Tabs consultant last time i asked about this and he said it is normal with some babies thats where the phrase 40 winks comes from which is the babies sleep cycle...some babies just cant get into the next one easily.
She has her own little routine which i write down each day and sure enough its there and i can now guage what shes moaning/grumbling for etc.
On cue she has just woke up lol....
How is lil man doing sleeping on his own and not held now? sorry havn't kept up on here.

he's still not getting to sleep on his own. I couldnt do the cry it out thing. He's still in his own room though which is great. He's fine until 5am when he either want to get up and play or sleep with me. So for now I'll do the final shift of the night on the sofa bed in his room. It's easier than battling to get him to slep in his cot alone!!...though what it's teaching him I'm not sure...I'm hoping it's justa phase. He did it during the olypics too as I remember (I remember being up at 4am watching bendy people doing gymnastics!!)

"40 winks" - thats interesting that is!!

we watched most of the Olympics at 3 a.m. because that's when Hannah wanted to be fed :rofl:

u should do what ever is best for baby, if he wants to sleep he will and if he doesnt he wont let him tell u how much sleep he needs but 3 hours in the day is good, jack had 2hours around 5 and has an 30min nap in the morning

he's still not getting to sleep on his own. I couldnt do the cry it out thing. He's still in his own room though which is great. He's fine until 5am when he either want to get up and play or sleep with me. So for now I'll do the final shift of the night on the sofa bed in his room. It's easier than battling to get him to slep in his cot alone!!...though what it's teaching him I'm not sure...I'm hoping it's justa phase. He did it during the olypics too as I remember (I remember being up at 4am watching bendy people doing gymnastics!!)

"40 winks" - thats interesting that is!!

It took a lot of perserverence to get Tabs to sleep on her own and i didnt do the cry it out thing either as when she gets upset she is violently sick and chokes.
Just kept popping her down either chair or sofa in the day,tucking her in,a few words of soothing and dummy.In the early days it was a case of going back time and time and time again just to reassure her,tuck in again pop dummy in and now she hates being held when she is tired lol sometimes it still takes a while to get her to nod off but so much better than holding her as she is almost 20lbs now.
Oh and Tabs does that waking early ish off and on when her teeth came through it was obviously that but the last little phase of it i went up a size in nappies and thats helped a lot. Sometimes when she does it i use the bonjela and that sends her off again too.

When i move im going to try putting her in her cot at bedtime as now she falls asleep downstairs on the sofa at 7pm and i carry her up when i go up.
Do you have a monitor or anything like that? i might get that angel one with the mattress thingy as im sooooo paranoid!

P.s my sister is coming for a visit from Basel next week to see Tabs for the 2nd time :happydance: :happydance:

I agree with Sonny...i used to read loads of stuff like that on the net and books but iv stopped...they all tell you different things...all babys are different...as you can see all mums will tell you different things which is interesting and makes you realise the net is a load of rubbish...only your baby knows when to nap...xx

tom sleeps 12 hours at night and a total of 1 hour in the day! if he sleeps more than that i have to check hi sbreathing!! lol

Sonny!!!! Hi! :wave:

BOLLOCKS TO THAT GUIDE

:rofl:

Sam has always slept well at night but has never slept much during the day! He'd rest a bit while I was feeding him but apart from that he wouldn't sleep at all - it's only in the last couple of months that he's started sleeping for about half an hour to an hour in the afternoon x

Thats about right for Jasmine, she has a sleep around 10:30 until around 11:30-12.00 the another at 4pm until around 5:30-6pm and goes to bed around 9 and usually sleeps until 7am-8am

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Hold on...close your eyes and ears ish*.....
BOLLOCKS TO THAT GUIDE
Dont worry tiny,just go on what your lil man is happy with....Tabs is the same i can set my watch to usually 35 mins....sometimes 45 mins and very very rarely she will surprise me and do an hour and a half (only once a fortnight or so).When i saw Tabs consultant last time i asked about this and he said it is normal with some babies thats where the phrase 40 winks comes from which is the babies sleep cycle...some babies just cant get into the next one easily.
She has her own little routine which i write down each day and sure enough its there and i can now guage what shes moaning/grumbling for etc.
On cue she has just woke up lol....
How is lil man doing sleeping on his own and not held now? sorry havn't kept up on here.

i we myself when i saw that :rofl::rofl: but its so true x

:hugs:
Lola sleeps about 12 hours the whole day!
I agree with Sonny,dn't pay attention to it....some babies need more sleep than others,I really do think Lola sleeps enough for herself as she isn't cranky,tired nor grumpy...

It seems you got him in a nice routine and if it's working for you both,stick to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->