What if.....

MummaMoo

Mum to my gorgeous girl!
Reaction score
You're pregnant and your other child gets chickenpox? How do you deal with that?

Sophie had a rash appear last night on her back. I don't think it's chickenpox, it's very pale, little spots, she hasn't been ill and she's her usual active happy chatty little self, so I'm not overly concerned.... but it just got me thinking, what if it WAS chickenpox? Do I quarantine her away from me until it clears up or what? Had anyone had this happen?

My youngest is 7 months and when I was pregnant with her my 4 year old got chicken pox! Midwife said nothing to worry about as they get some immunity passed over from you if you already had them before. I gave birth to my baby and by this time literally just before I got out hospital i had a phone call to say my oldest who is 8 had chicken pox now! But this time I was told to try let her stay at grandparents house until the chicken pox had scabbed over, my oldest didn't meet her baby sister till she was a week old because of them :( I think it's different when there in your tummy to when there actually born.. Hope this helps and hope ur wee one clears up quickly xx

Thanks Danielle, I just thought that a pregnant woman exposed to the virus put the foetus at risk - so maybe that's just if the mum-to-be hasn't had chickenpox herself..
Sophie's fine, still don't know what the rash is but it's faded since last night.

It's a strange one. .. That's good to hear. Nothing worse! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->