What is cm like after ovulation and during tww?

Julesillini8

2 Girls, baby #3 cookin
Reaction score
I " think" I'm a few days post Ov... I don't track temp or anything. Just wondering what peoples cm was like that first week after ov. I have less, but it is still wet, not lotiony. I have read that you are supposed to dry up right after, then if you do get anything, it would be thick. Hmm maybe I didnt ovulate yet? My cycles are short 24-26 days, and I "think" I usually ov around cd 10-12. Today is my cycle day14 so it is possible I guess that I didnt ov yet. However it is just wet, not Ewcm... Like I had earlier in my cycle. Sorry this is so long. This is our first month ttc, and I was just wondering if anyone could give me input as to what their cm was like the week or two after ovulation. Thanks, and good luck to all!

I'm not sure how it's "supposed" to be, but mine is like thick lotion right now and im 4DPO.

Well this is how mine usually is, but keep in mind every woman is different.
After period im dry, right before ovulation it clear and stretchy, right after ovulation it turns white and becomes more gooey. Then right before my period is due, I dry up. And so the cycle goes on :D

Thanks. It is making me rethink whether I ovulated a few days ago or not. Maybe I didnt. I will be pissed if it's about to happen now bc we bd like 4 days cd 9-12, as I thought I usually ov on cd 10-12. Ugh!

Just an update. Thanks to you ladies, I went and took a opk and it was positive that day. And about 4 hrs later. So I guess THAT Time was ovulation. Now that it's 3 days later, I do notice the diff in my cm now, thanks for your responses, I never would've taken a opk and never would've figured out O. :)

Hi Jules! I see you already figured out your OV, but just wanted to chime in that I used to OV early in the cycle when I was TTC#1, but I've been suspecting since DD arrived and my cycle returned that things have changed. This cycle is the first one since DD was born that I actually felt OV pains like I used to, and they coincided perfectly with some serious EWCM. I almost couldn't believe it because it didn't happen until CD17 (and I usually have 27-30 day cycles). Hoping this doesn't mean my LP has gotten to be too short to sustain a PG...

Anyhow, I see you're TTC#2 as well, and just wondered if you were finding your cycles different this time around too. Best of luck getting that BFP!

Hi Elliot. It seems we have a lot in common, my daughter is 14 1/2 months old right now, I see yours is around there too! Thanks for your input, I appreciate it. My cycles are 24-26 days. A few months ago when I had gone for an annual exam my Ob/gyn said I was about to ov and I was on cd 9. So I figure I did sometime around cd 10-12..... It coincided with what he said and when I usually got af. But I do not temp or use OPks.. So I really had no clue. This cycle I just read that usually it " dries up" after ovulation and I wasn't noticing that, these ladies comments made me go get opk and it did come out pos. so it was about cd 14-15. My husband is in the medical field and he said it can fluctuate cycle to cycle so who knows. He said it is possible for it to be cd 10 then cd 12 the next month. So I guess if we keep ttc I should keep up with opk. Anyhow, good luck to you! I'm excited for#2 but I know it is going to be a lot more hectic also having a toddler I addition to a baby. Lots of good vibes sent your way! :)

I wanted to jump in that I O'd early cd 10. I received my BFP a week ago on 9dpo. The main symptoms: lots of lotion like cm and twinges. That's about it. I've read other women having similar symptoms and got their BFPs. FX and good luck!

Tag thanks for your input! I'm about 4 dpo now. Was your cm like that the whole time since ovulation? For some reason I'm not optimistic about this cycle, because we planned on my o around cd 10-12..... Lots of bd for that time, but then I had gotten the opk and it was pos a few days later. We will see. Thanks for posting, keep in touch!

I wanted to jump in that I O'd early cd 10. I received my BFP a week ago on 9dpo. The main symptoms: lots of lotion like cm and twinges. That's about it. I've read other women having similar symptoms and got their BFPs. FX and good luck!

CONGRATS on your bfp! woohoo!

Mine was non existent. Its only now at nearly 5 weeks pregnant that I have thick creamy cm

Mine was non existent. Its only now at nearly 5 weeks pregnant that I have thick creamy cm
Thanks noodlebumM. Yes, mine def did dry up after I had gotten the pos opk. Glad I took it and now I know more about monitoring cm( I never even thought about it before) I have learned a lot from you guys. I also really have nothing right now (5 dpo). Don't have high hopes to be pregnant this first time, but you never know!

I shouldn't get my hopes up...but had white cm and twinges since ov too...maybe a good sign? Fingers crossed (ps think I'm thread stalking you jules! Lol)

I shouldn't get my hopes up...but had white cm and twinges since ov too...maybe a good sign? Fingers crossed (ps think I'm thread stalking you jules! Lol)
Haha! Well we are pretty much at the same point in our cycles. About a week until we find out. I hope those are good signs for you, this may be your month. When you get test results on thurs is it just about ov or would you possibly get a positive for pregnancy too? Or will you have to wait the weekend out with me? Ladies, as for me, no symptoms really noted.

I don't know jules, I forgot ask the nurse....I'm getting so nervous about a neg ov result. That's worse than any bfn....trying not to dwell on that though. Roll in Thursday ....

I don't know jules, I forgot ask the nurse....I'm getting so nervous about a neg ov result. That's worse than any bfn....trying not to dwell on that though. Roll in Thursday ....
Easier said than done, but don't worry about it until you know for sure. Hopefully you ovulated then you know that you are in the game for each month. Ugh, waiting sucks. Are you trying for your first or do you already have children?

Easier said than done, but don't worry about it until you know for sure. Hopefully you ovulated then you know that you are in the game for each month. Ugh, waiting sucks. Are you trying for your first or do you already have children?

Oops, how dumb I see in your sig that you're ttc#1.

Yes it was like that from 3dpo on.... Increasingly more as I got closer to the BFP. Almost immediately at 9dpo- unmistakable twinges. No sore BBs until today. Ouch!

everytime ive gotten a BFP ive been dried up basically.

I had to jump on this old post to say hey! We had babies a few weeks apart! I'm in my 2WW and see you're expecting again!!! How awesome! Congrats! It was fun revisiting this post! xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->