• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is corpus luteum cyst?

Demotivated

Reaction score
Hi guys .

I had a 7wk scan. all lookd fine and we saw heart beat as well.

however, my report said there is a 2mm corpus luteum cyst.

my doc said this is completely normal and nothing to worry..

but me being me, really confused...

Ah I had that ! Mine was actually painful and I went to the er thinking it was ectopic

A corpus luteum cyst is the follicle that your egg was realeased from that stays there to produce the pregnancy hormones when the egg is fertilised I'm pretty sure! That's what the sonographer told me! :)

A corpus luteum cyst is the follicle that your egg was realeased from that stays there to produce the pregnancy hormones when the egg is fertilised I'm pretty sure! That's what the sonographer told me! :)

What she said :) I had the same report on my 6 week scan and my midwife said it was nothing to worry about. Our body's just absorb them because I didn't have one at my 12 week scan.

Yep, exactly what the above poster said, I had one at my eight week scan and got told it would just disappear through out the pregnancy x

Thanks guys... I am possibly the most pessimistic person ever, so got worried. I did read up online and it concurs with what you guys are saying..so lets see....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->