WHAT is going on with my periods?????

Laughing Girl

Reaction score
Hi, wondering if anyone can help decipher my strange cycle goings on???

Isla's almost 14 months old now and I've been having periods now for about 6 months. So far they have been regular but with a short but increasing luteal phase. I had just got to a LP of 8 days last month and was hopeful for the magic 10 days this month so we can begin TTC again........so this month, I ovulated a bit earlier than I thought I would (couple of days) and then around 7dpo or so began to have cramps which continued sporadically for about 4 days, and thought that it was my period on its way. Nothing happened at all though and I began to think that perhaps I might be pregnant and the cramps were implantation cramps. I've had 4 days of ridiculous and obsessive testing - how stupid and how desperate must I be??? Anyhow, long boring story short, all the tests have come back with a BFN and today I am on 15 DPO and still no period.
Isla hasn't been nursing any more than usual, in fact I would say that she is going for longer stretches without, if anything, and I've had some 4 or 5 hour stretches of sleep.
I had convinced myself that I was pregnant, or at the very least, my LP had become the perfect 14days and my cycle had normalised, but now no sign of bleeding at all.
Soooo frustrating and just don't know what to make of it.
Wondering if anyone can suggest anything that might help explain what's going on???

Are you sure of your ovulation date? Are you temperature charting, can you post a link to your chart? Maybe you ovulated a couple of days later than you thought? Also I have heard that some people can have an LP of 15 or even 16 days. You never know, maybe you are pregnant and tests just not showing positive yet. At any rate at least your LP is a decent length. Hope you get some answers soon, it's so frustrating wondering what your body is doing.

Polaris, thanks for helping. No, I'm not charting at the moment, its a good idea though so maybe I should. I suppose all I can do is wait and see what transpires.........soooo frustrating though!

The main reason why I am charting is that otherwise I would drive myself mad every month wondering when AF will arrive and obsessing about whether or not I'm pregnant. LOL. At least when I am temperature charting I can be more certain of ovulation date and it actually reduces stress for me in terms of knowing what is going on. I wasn't sure how it would work out because I often don't sleep well since having Thomas (even though he has been sleeping through for months, I don't usually sleep through anymore, LOL) but the broken sleep doesn't seem to affect it too much.

hey, :) maybe leave it a few day and retest? Maybe your dates are out a little? x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->