What is going on??

Genevevex

Reaction score
I had a tough time sleeping last night, and when I woke, my belly felt SO bruised! That's not uncommon though, so I didn't think much of it. But all day today every time little girl moves it feels SO painful. She keeps putting her head in my hip, and it almost makes me want to cry.

I can't sit in one place for too long or my legs get all weird feeling, but EVERY time I stand up and walk around my lower abdomen feels... weird. Like, kind of tight and painful. And then if baby moves while I'm standing.... it hurts so much I almost feel like throwing up today. It doesn't really feel like contractions, though. Not like I've ever had before.

I just feel SO miserable today. This new stuff on top of my hips coming out of place almost every time I move.

Is it weird for her to be hurting me every time she moves like this? Or the weird tightness? I never had this with my first. I have an appointment on Wednesday this week, but I feel so terrible I'm considering calling early. Just worried that they'll be like, "Yep, you're pregnant, deal with it."

Most movements are painful for me by this point too, I find she's pushing out of my skin a lot.
The tightness could be braxton hicks, sometimes I find it hard to distinguish between bh and when baby has moved into a different position and has made my belly all tight.
There's also ligament pain, I think when I stand and start to walk it takes a while for me to be able to straighten up and I'm presuming it's that.
Sounds all very similar to what's going on with me.
Xx

Glad to know I'm not alone, but sorry that someone has to share in this type of pain. I think I possibly was experiencing weird braxton hicks yesterday, because it didn't feel like the normal skin tightness of when she is pressing outward. More of a muscle tightness. But I've never felt anything like that before! Really freaked me out!

Today it's a little better. Still really sore on my lower abdomen, and moving around too much causes me issues. Little girl KEEPS shoving her head into my hip, which hurts like mad and makes me want to scream or cry.

Think I'm going to do some real complaining at the doctor's tomorrow.

I've had constant tummy ache today! I got eye rolled by a nurse when I said movements were painful as she said Oh no they might be a tad uncomfortable at times though... er no I gave birth to a 10lb baby with no pain relief, I don't exactly have a low pain threshold and I'm telling you it's painful!
Xx

I've had constant tummy ache today! I got eye rolled by a nurse when I said movements were painful as she said Oh no they might be a tad uncomfortable at times though... er no I gave birth to a 10lb baby with no pain relief, I don't exactly have a low pain threshold and I'm telling you it's painful!
Xx

Ug. Did you tell the nurse what for? And kuddos for your 10 pounder! I had an epidural with my little 7lb boy.

That's exactly what I'm dreading; going to the doctor to tell them what's wrong and them just brushing me off. This baby is SO painful, though. I just want to curl up and cry. But can't... because I'm working full time right now. Out of the house by 6am, and don't get home until almost 5:30pm. I'm lucky that it's an office job, but still... I just want to curl up under my desk right now and be miserable. :(

I think perhaps I'm having more BH today? I'm not sure, as they don't feel like the ones I had with my son, and she tends to move around while I'm having them. Very low down, and almost feels like sharp cramping.

Yep I did give the nurse a bit of an ear bashing :haha: to be fair I was booked in for homebirth, and told I was stuck at 4cm, abandoned by midwife and headed to hospital with the view to get every pain medication possible so I could at least get some sleep but I arrived fully dilated.
I'm fortunate that I'm not at work, my bh are different to last pregnancy but they aren't sharp. I think that my sharp pains are related to ligament pain, spd and baby laying on a nerve.
Xx

Wow! Hope everything went alright!

Talked to my doctor yesterday. He says that everything is normal--Baby is head down but not dropped, cervix is still closed. Said that subsequent pregnancies can be more painful and that I might have a mild (mild?!) case of SPD, but there's not much they can do about it. Also said that some BH CAN be painful for some women. So the advice was mostly, "Take some tylenol and deal with it." But he did seem sympathetic when he said it all.

I have the same thing going on with baby pressing down into my hip bone and shooting pain down into my inner thigh too ..... Ouch!!! Maybe baby is engaging is my thought behind it all? Hopefully all this pain has some sort of purpose !!

I have the same thing going on with baby pressing down into my hip bone and shooting pain down into my inner thigh too ..... Ouch!!! Maybe baby is engaging is my thought behind it all? Hopefully all this pain has some sort of purpose !!

While I still hope that is the case... There seems to be no engaging on my end. The doctor said that while she was a LITTLE lower, she's no where near dropped or anything. She has been in this position for the past couple MONTHS off and on.

It is almost 11pm here right now, and I am sitting up in bed with one leg hanging off the side, trying to distract myself from the pain because she will NOT move and it hurts so much tonight.

I wonder if she is lost on her way out, and is somehow stuck on my hip? Anyone have tips on how to get her to move? Lying down on one side or the other is NOT working. :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->