• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

what is happening?

Baby.Fox

Reaction score
Hi everyone. I recently got my BFP and I believe to about 5wk4d. Well here's the problem I started bleeding yesterday, firstly red/pink watery blood when I wiped, sometimes some on the pad. I went to see my GP yesterday but she didn't really clarify much, just to come back Tuesday for another pregnancy test and to see if im still bleeding, it calmed down towards the evening with just brown spotting. Well all day today I haven't bled and I have been out and about all day. But I come home and go to the loo, wipe and there was a blood clot about the size of thumb nail, a smaller one and a tiny ball looking thing. I am now passing darker red blood but still only when I wipe. I should mention I have had some cramps too, but very breif pains, come and go kind of like gas.

I know if I am miscarrying there isn't alot I can do but I'm still holding on to a bit of hope. Do you think its worth going A&E in the morning or shall I just see how things progress until Tuesday?

sprinkling sticky bean dust over everyone xxx

oh hun as hard as it sounds I think you may be miscarrying :hugs:
if it isn't causing you pain or you aren't bleeding (like hemmoraging) I would wait till Tuesday, but if for your own peace of mind go today if it makes you feel better. The only way they will know for sure is to do a HCG beta level or another pregnancy test. All you can do is rest and look after yourself. Hope everything does come off good for you but prepare yourself hun x :hugs:

i would go to ane babe. . sounds like could be miscarriage. . hugs. .
hope its not, be strong. good luck x x

It sounds like a miscarriage, with the bleeding being intermittent and red with clots. With my miscarriages, I had severe cramping beforehand and throughout, so there is still a chance that everything will be okay.
I personally would advise against a&e. I visited three times with my first pregnancy, all three times they made me do a pregnancy test, confirmed I was pregnant and asked me to call the early pregnancy unit. I visited once with my second pregnancy and they did the same.
To confirm miscarriage at this early stage, they really need to take two lots of blood a few days apart. A scan isn't really going to be conclusive as you could just have your dates wrong. A&e don't really get involved in this as it isn't an "accident" or an emergency.

The only.reason they would really investigate if there was a suspected ectopic pregnancy, with which you would probably have much more severe cramping and possibly pain in your shoulders too.
If I were you, I would call your local early pregnancy unit. They sometimes have drop ins and have quite a quick turnaround, plus they deal with this sort of thing all the time, and they have all the diagnostic equipment to hand.

I hope everything works out okay for you!

hi
some epu won't accept drop ins, ane can fast track you to epu, like they did with me.
i was seen within the hour. . perhaps ring the epu first to see, they told me to go ane.

When I miscarried it came out of nowhere straight to period cramps at 5w4d, heavy bleeding started with clots then I had these 2 little balls come out a couple hours after it all started sort of looked like the size of tictaks... And they looked like the sort of tic you get on an animal it was weird... I called my doctors who told me if I wasn't in any pain and the bleeding wasn't getting any worse then to go to the epu a couple of days later with an appointment they had made for me, all they did was do a pregnancy test with a sample I had to take with me, they said it was now negative and no need for a scan and I was told to go home and wait it out. Funnily enough after the white things came out all the pain stopped... Just carried on with clots, the whole thing lasted about 4/5 days

Good luck xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->