What is the average amount of time to get pregnant when NTNP?

Guppy051708

2 by Sea 2 by Land
Reaction score
Just curious as this is something we are considering. We diligently TTC with #1 (got pregnant 1st cycle, ended in MC) and #2 (got pregnant 1st cycle, healthy baby boy). With #3, we NTNP for 6 cycles. Then at cycle 7 we TTC and fell pregnant that cycle. So im just curious what is average if you NTNP entirely.

My method was NTNP and believe me I am VERY fertile ! lol
I was lucky enough to come of contraception everytime and fall pregnant straight away! all dates work out within days of coming off contraception .

best of luck too you !!xx

First cycle, first attempt here. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here though. Turns out DF and I are both very fertile. Especially as I hadn't had a visit from AF for about a year and the doctor told me I was temporarily infertile, so DF managed to get me on my first ovulation back into normality. lol.

ETA: On hearing my post, DF just grinned and said "Damn straight"

First cycle, first attempt here. I'm pretty sure I'm in the minority here though. Turns out DF and I are both very fertile. Especially as I hadn't had a visit from AF for about a year and the doctor told me I was temporarily infertile, so DF managed to get me on my first ovulation back into normality. lol.

ETA: On hearing my post, DF just grinned and said "Damn straight"

Yup my hubby thinks he's super sperm too cause all my girls were first times x haaaahaaaa men ehh ??

^^ :rofl:

we are super fertile but i think the times we did it just wasnt near ov. so far, when we diligently TTC we get pregnant the first month. But when we NTNP we've never gotten pregnant, but i also think they had to do with poor timing.

Well with the twins we only ever used protection when it was around the time I was ovulating. And I got pregnant like the first time we didn't use protection! Then with Indie we kind of said we'd try soon, so NTNP, and 1st cycle!!! :thumbup: But really it varies.

I've been NTNP since December and still nothing, only 21 so convinced there is something wrong with me.

I've been NTNP since December and still nothing, only 21 so convinced there is something wrong with me.

Go to the doc if you fear that hun, I know its scary but you need to know and if its bad news you can then focus on the next step on what to do for a baby , it just takes a little longer for some then others . Don't worry to much there are methods nowadays that can help you conceive if god forbid its bad news ..

best of luck to you .
:dust:

We decided to NTNP after my period in May. I had my period in June and I was pregnant in July.

We've been ttc since March, and just had a chemical. They say it can take up to a year for some couples. Katiee21, don't give up. Most places want you to have tried a year before they will see you for infertility. fx'd for you!

Hi ladies, we've been ttc since march 1mc and 1 chemical. But things have hit me hard recently so were now ntnp! No more opk,tww obsession etc :) and I feel a great weight has been lifted! Not even gonna look for when AF is dues!! Lol
Oh should add that both 'times' I did get pg we were ntnp then I got obsessive nothing happend and I was stressed and calender watching all the time!!!

The average couple takes 6 months to one year and that when they are actually TTC, not just NTNP. The problem with NTNP (if you actually want to be pregnant soon) is the timing. If its not timed within that 5 day fertility window, then its not gonna happen :nope: I know in high school sex class they try to make it sound like you will always get pregnant no matter where you are in your cycle but the reality is that there is only 5 days of fertility (in a typical cycle) and some women arn't even fertile for that length of time. personally we :sex: as far at as 5 days from ov. and it never happened (whilist NTNP for 6 cycles). The only time we got pregnant was the day before or the day of ov. while we were diligently TTC.

So dont worry yet :hugs: if you are sick of the wait, moving on the hardcore TTC may be a better option for you than NTNP :hugs: And as others have pointed out, good forbid there be an issue, modern technology works pretty well. :hugs:

Thank you everyone. I really hope there isn't something wrong. We always bd in fertile window, lots of cm since Friday so dtd Friday, Saturday and Tuesday but knowing my luck missed the highly fertile day.

I never thought it would take this long at all, I know it could be a lot worse though.

Only had a few odd things happen over the past few days but probably over reacting.

2 months NTNP here and nothing so far....only took 5 cycles off birth control to conceive DD though

we actively TTC for our first baby and fell first month.

we are now NTNP for baby #2 and are just on our first month so don't know yet but kinda hoping it takes a couple of months.

we are very relaxed and i have no idea when my fertile days or anything. with #1 i charted for a few months beforehand so i knew exactly when to time it.

I also got pregnant the first cycle of ntnp. Now my daughter is a little over 1 and we would like another baby. We will be trying soon, but I bet it won't happen as fast. There's something about the pressure and expectations when you're trying that makes it harder for some reason I think. I hope it all goes well for both of us!

It took us a year to conceive our daughter. That was only 6 cycles, however, as bcp completely screwed up my cycles! I never regulated after stopping bcp so I don't actually know what a normal cycle is for me now as I was on bcp for 3 years and I now haven't had a period since January 2011! We've been ntnp for our second since June/ July time but I've only just stopped breastfeeding so hopefully we'll have a better chance of falling pregnant now!

Beca :wave:

We've been off and on for 2 years. Sometimes NTNP, sometimes actively charting and TTC. The problem is I get discouraged after a couple months TTC and go back to NTNP. It's been over 2 years now and nothing has happened, hopefully it will be my time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->