What is the Cambridge Diet??

Eve

Reaction score
How does it work? Do you end up usually gaining it all back?

Cambridge Diet is a total meal replacment diet so all you have are the shakes, soups and bars that they sell you. I did one virtually the same called Lighter Life which also involves counselling. The diet does work but I think if your problems are more deep rooted, to keep it off it maybe best to have one to one councelling as well or even instead.

For me personally, I lost 5st (70lbs) but because I have a lot of other things going in inside me that I couldn't talk about in a group situation, cutting out food was not the answer and I have gained all of the weight back and more within 2 years.

At the end of they day if you do not change your habits/thinking when doing any kind of diet, the weight will not stay off.

Hope that helps x x

As has been said, Cambridge diet is a total meal replacement diet with which you see fast results. I have been doing it on and off since end of march and have lost 2 stone. My best friend did it and lost almost 4 store in 14 weeks for her wedding and has kept it off so far (since June).
I think it is a good diet if you're the kind of person who needs to see the weight drop off quickly but its definatly not for you if you have any issues with food.
I've just stopped it again today because I just can't focus my mind on it and its sending me a bit crazy, I'm eating more than ever!

Sounds a lot like Slim Fast here. Shake for breaky, lunch and a healthy dinner, and they have their own snacks and stuff. I am thinking of doing Atkins as induction phase drops weight quick but you go through a maintenance phase at the end which limits your carbs but not a lot... seems easier to stick to I am thinking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->