What is the difference between these 2

Jaden42010

Reaction score
What is the difference between testing the AMH (ovarian reserve) by blood and testing by antral follicle count by ultrasound?

Here's a link that explains it..i thought it'd be better than a lengthy complicated explanation :) I know that an fsh test only can allude to your egg reserve as if the numbers are elevated you are needing extra stimulation for your ovaries to ovulate indicating beginning of a / or low deserve. The actual scan sees the actual follicles left in the ovaries. Its usually done as part of an ivf programme to decide on the right protocol for your meds etc. Hope that helps

https://www.advancedfertility.com/antralfollicles.htm

The antral count is how many follicles you will potentially grow this cycle. AHM measures your ovarian reserve - and lets you know if you have time on your side. A low AMH will mean a lower number of antral follicles per cycle. When going through IVF the number of antral follicles is the maximum number of eggs you can get that cycle. The antral count varies from month to month, but over time it's a downward trend.

My FS compared the antral count to a 100m sprint race - at the start of the cycle/race all the competitors/follies are lined up on the start line, and at the end of the race/cycle there is only one winner/mature egg. In a medicated cycle, all the athlete are taking performance enhancing drugs, so all make it to the finish line together!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->