What is the earliest bubs can engage?

kayleigh&bump

Mum to Finnley & TTC #2
Reaction score
I thought that for your 1st baby, they usually engaged around 34 weeks up until delivery? Im 31 weeks now, and for the past few nights Ive been getting period cramps and pains which I havent had since I was like 16 weeks and my ligaments were stretching out. Theyve been quite sore at times, and really felt like my period was coming.

I asked oh this morning if my bump looks lower, and he says it does, it looks it defo to me too. I can also feel pressure on my hips, which feel really achy. I feel like an old lady! This only came on yesterday.

Does this sounds like my lo has started to engage already? Is this anything to worry about with me only being 31 weeks? My next mw appt is on thursday so I guess I can find out for sure then. xx

sorry i dunno, i also thought it was around 33/34 weeks for the first, i guess its possible though

It sounds like he has :) I wouldn't worry though, they can be engaged for a few weeks before the decide to make an appearance. Plus they can always un-engage themselves depending on how far he's gone.

Well, i'm sure that's what i've read on here before :lol:

thanks girlies. So does that mean the earlier they engage, the earlier theyre gunna make an appearance? xx

Sorry can't help I'm 37 weeks and when I was at the hospital at 35 my lo hadn't started to engage so its different for everyone.

i was told at my last appointment when i was 34 weeks that baby was 3/5 engaged . I think he had been since i was031 weeks as i had exactly the same pains as you and my midwife said he probably has been too. She also said how it ranges from person to person, some can engage week 29 others not until they go into labour . X

Yeah, I'm sure I recall someone else on here saying her first LO was engaged at 31 weeks but she ended up being induced for being overdue xx

I'm 37 weeks with my first baby and I'm not engaged at all yet :shrug:
As with lots of these things, I guess everyone's different and there's no right or wrong time - hopefully you're MW will be able to tell you :D

i was also wondering at what stage LO usually engage. when i saw the midwife at 33 weeks my LO hadnt but ive had quite alot of pressure 'down there' and think that s/he might now be engaged.

I dont see my midwife for nearly 2 weeks now so will have wait but by then i will be 36 weeks and hope to god s/he is engaged by then!!!

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->