What is this on my scan?? Is it a blood clot?

Blue_bumpkin

Love My Little Monkey :)
Reaction score
I've circled it. I'm worried now xx

Attachments

• 2017-03-05_18.51.47.jpg
    2017-03-05_18.51.47.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 17
You've got to be very careful not to analyse scans, unless you are the ultrasound tech who did the scan and knows what they're looking for! If there was anything concerning during your scan, they'd have referred you for further checkups. Also, whilst the lovely peeps on here have got a lot of wisdom to share, again, please remember most of us are not ultrasound techs or doctors, and often the advice is a best guess. If you weren't referred following your scan, it won't be anything to worry about, but if it's bothering you, either call up the hospital that did the scan and ask them to check your notes, or take it to your next midwife appointment. :) Relax :hugs:

This was a private scan I had done. They weren't very thorough. Just checked heartbeat and growth really xx

Ah, I see. It's a pretty obvious blob though on the pic, so even if they weren't very thorough, if it were a problem they would have seen it. Here's the scan I had at 7w1d. You can see a couple of dark blobs on it too... had it done at a hospital and all ok. Honestly, don't think you need to worry, but take it to your next midwife appt if you're still worried :) xx

Attachments

• IMG_1611.jpg
    IMG_1611.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 3
I'm sure my bladder was somewhere near the top and totally empty xx

Ive had these on my scans just assumed it was a shaddow or just how the picture been taken.
If worried speak to your midwife im sure its fine xx

I didn't have such an early scan but I have an identical black blob on my 12 week scan. Almost exactly the same place. Ultrasounds are full of odd dots, I never thought anything of it. Sonographer never said anything and I'm 30 weeks now! I wouldn't worry, if they didn't mention it and you have no bleeding it's likely just an odd shadow on the scan picture!

I had a similar looking thing on my 8w ultrasound this pregnancy and it turned out to be a "vanishing twin". I am no expert though, I think if you are worried you should let your provider know what you saw and get an official scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->