What is this pain? Can any one help

Twinkle 3

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

I have just recently started getting sharp pains every so often, mainly I get them in my bum or lady region, which I know is normal but also just lately I keep getting them a few times a day in my stomach. Then in the middle of last night I woke up to some really bad crampy muscle spasm sort of pains that waved across the middle of my stomach, the pain kept coming and going but all in all it lasted for about half an hour and then faded away completely, I woke up fine this morning apart from the odd shooting pain.

Does anyone know what this could be. I would ring the midwife but with the pain not being servere or constant I don't think they would really do much to be honest.

Last night I was sure I was in early labour but with the pain dissappearing I thought maybe stretching ligaments?

Im no doctor so if your worried at all speak to your wf. Although it sounds pretty normal. I get pains like your describing all tbe time. Id say it just baby getting bigger so your uterus is stretching and expanding to accommodate your little baby ! The shooting painz will get worse the further along you go. I wouldnt worry too much unless the pains start to develop a regular pattern. X

I started getting them at about that stage with all 3 of my pregnancies and they were usually cervical kicks/hits/headbutts/or stretching. Itg gets more and more common later in pregnancy and this one (36 weeks with #3) a lot of the time the pain will take my breath away and I have to stop what I'm doing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->