what???? is this true?!

mortifyingly i did poo while in labour with my son. I was in desperate need to go before leaving for the hospital but i was too scared that i would give birth in the loo at home if i strained too hard (i had been constipated for a few days). The midwife just descreetly dealt with it. I also had piles :blush: the joys of childbirth eh? Lol.

I think the % used is not that high. Ok its not uncommon but its also not a sure thing. Once u get to the point of pushing u wont care whats happening down there as long as baby is arriving safely xx

I have known women who have pooped.. make sure you get it out the way before you go in to heavy labour xx

OMG I didnt know it was so common i thought only a few people done it omg im sooo scared now!!! This IS my worst nightmare ever!!!! I hope i dont care whilst in labour because right now its the only thing i am actually scared about!!! x

over here they give you something to make you poo everything out before you go into heavy labour, quite pleased with that i must say

Yes, it happens a lot. But the midwives are very discreet and normally you won't even realise unless you SEE it happen.

Like tegans mums said alot of the time you wont even realise youv done it. Its not like the MW is going to "weve got a poo'er here!!!"

I dont think i did but honestly if i had off i really wouldnt have cared

It happened to me... didn't realise until it was too late, then apologised several thousand times to the midwife. She whipped it away so fast, she'd definately seen it all before - and she said she was glad I'd done it - because it meant she knew I was pushing in the right place.

yep happened to me with my first dh says it was

lije a mr wipy hahahahaha at the time u really wont care tho hun they clear it away very quickly it didnt happed with ds

...... My boyfriend just told me that his buddy who has a pregnant girlfriend said that 80-90% of woman pooop themselves when they give birth!?

whattt!?
I mean i guess that makes sense? :huh:
but really? How :blush: !!!

Honestly... has that ever happend to you? or are you scared that that happening?!

put it this way, next to the birthing pool at my local hospital is a child's fishing net.... :rofl:

however, there's 2 reasons why you shouldn't let this worry you.

1) you generally have a good "clear out" during labour anyway. I did. My body was so keen to get rid of it all that I nearly fainted and DH had to hold me on the loo. Not my most triumphant moment but there we are.

2) the MW's KNOW that nobody wants to crap themselves. By the time you get to that stage you are utterly unaware of what is going on and they simply clear it away and get rid of it without you ever noticing. You should never know!

i never pooed but i did wee during the pushing stage with my eldest :blush: it spurted up like a fountain just missing my midwifes face she did have to move out the way rather quickly :haha: did i care? hell no i was in too much fluffing pain and my OH thought it was halirious! However i think i would of rather pooed :wacko:!!! with my youngest i did neither but again... if i did i would of been in too much pain to care!!! x

I don't think I'll care what's coming out of my behind when I'm passing a baby the size of a small elephant out of my lady bits!! They have a poop scoop net for the birthing pool... I do know this much! :)

I've never done it, as I always have a few days of serious clearing out before I go into labour, but my sister has done it both times she's given birth. To be honest, I think if you DO do it, it just shows you're pushing correctly as the midwives always tell you to push into your bottom.

Lmao at the we've got a poo'er comment, I spat my tea out lol

over here in the US sometimes they'll give you an Enema to get it out, but they didnt give me one, and luckily i didnt poo with either one of my babies! I am hoping I don't this time either :blush:

I've also heard from a nurse that's it's more like 95% but they just don't mention it because it's a natural part of childbirth. Think how big the head is and how it has to pretty much squeeze anything in it's path to come out. Like the other ladies said, if you do it, then you're pushing correctly. Childbirth is lovely, isn't it?

i Poo'd trying to push my son out!!!!! They are VERY discreet about it, dont even say that you're doing it tbh, altho i knew i was, she nevr mentioned it once and was cleaning up (they put a large pad type thing under your bottom anyways cause its a bit messy over all..)

Thought it was quite common to poo during labour, the midwife just puts it in the bin, they're used to it, you probably won't even notice.

My mw told me "if ur pushing correctly then more than likely u will" that made it worse as I'm thinking surely there's no way u can push wrong :-/ lol xx

It happened to me the first time. They had the mirror set up so I saw it... I was just thinking WTF? So I said 'I really didn't want for that to come out!' LOL The mw just said that it's quite common and quickly moved it away. I don't think she would've said anything if it wasn't for me mentioning it. It wasn't much at all but I was still embarrassed. I was also sick the first time around bc of all the pain.... I never threw up but the little bowl was right next to me. I felt terrible. The last 2 times the epidural worked nicely and I didn't feel sick at all. I didn't poop either LOL

This thread has made me laugh soo much!

I don't care if i do number two, something to laugh about after lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back