what???? is this true?!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Second Trimester' started by keljt1127, Jan 26, 2011.

1. keljt1127

keljt1127 Well-Known Member

...... My boyfriend just told me that his buddy who has a pregnant girlfriend said that 80-90% of woman pooop themselves when they give birth!?

whattt!?
    I mean i guess that makes sense? :huh:
    but really? How :blush: !!!

Honestly... has that ever happend to you? or are you scared that that happening?!

2. Wiggler

Wiggler Mummy to three monkeys

Hehe, I don't know if the % is that high, but when bubs is making his/her way out they put a lot of pressure an your bowels and whatever is near the exit gets squeezed out... like toothpaste :rofl:

I did it when I was having my son, but TBH I wouldn't have known if I hadn't asked the MW. They are very discreet and get rid of it without you even knowing :)

3. blutea

blutea Guest

No, it's really not that common...at least not 80-90%

I did not poo but I did get hemrroids.

4. miss cakes

miss cakes Well-Known Member

not really around the day your gonna go into labour or even when your in labour you will go toilet and have a massive clearout lol god its awful haha so most women that wont happen to but now n again it does and believe me noone will notice it amongst the waters and blood and other crap that comes out so dont worry about it x

5. gembag

gembag Mum to 3 fab girlies :)

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haha, yep, this happened to me...at the time I was past caring and to be honest can't remember even doing, but it now makes me giggle as it was a water birth and my now ex-partner (who I disliked intensely and was ready to leave - we broke up a month later) had to scoop my 'floater' out of the pool with a sieve!!!! The look on his face was priceless :haha:...but I felt it was early payback for him telling me (as I was just about to be rushed to another hospital to have my retained placenta removed) that he was "ever so tired and was going home for a sleep"!!!!! The moron hadn't even held his newborn daughter, but he needed some shut-eye as he had been out drinking all evening whilst I was in labour!!! A turd for a turd!!....sorry probably TMI lol

It does happen, but the midwives are normally very quick and discreet about getting rid of it :blush: don't worry, it's all natural lol

6. SugarBeth

SugarBeth Well-Known Member

Honestly? I don't care if I do or not. I'm going to have bigger problems (like trying to push a baby out and dealing with horrible pain) than to worry if I poop on the table. It's not really something I'm nervous about doing. It's pretty common, nothing they haven't seen before.

I heard that most of the time, the nurses clean it up and don't even tell you that you did it, so maybe you won't be so embarrassed that way.

7. MizzDeeDee

MizzDeeDee I know it all.. ask me!

I have heard of the pooping and throwing up too. It happens. Whatcha gonna do?

8. we can't wait

we can't wait Mom of 4

haha. this happened to my sister-in-law. she said that she only knew because she asked the doctor. honestly, the doctor has seen it a million times before-- and they probably really won't care. i am not looking forward to that aspect of pregnancy... but i'm sure that by the time i get around to pushing, i won't care what comes out of me-- as long as that baby gets out! good luck!
    x

9. GDrag

GDrag Well-Known Member

Yep, happened to me. The thing is that at that point you don't really care about anything other than getting LO out!

10. My4thmiracle

My4thmiracle Mummy to baby Nico + 3

It happened to me with my first, I nearly died when she said something about clearing something away. My partner at the time told me you've just shit yourself lolol. Said it was only a small one like a wiggly worm.

Thankfully it never happened with my next 2 births. I wonder if it will happen again lol......

My poor friend was covered in her own poo, they had changed her nightie and she still did more, then she was rushed to a different hospital 40 miles away caked in it lol

11. Lea8198

Lea8198 Well-Known Member

This is the bain of my life but it happened to me both times and i hated it. The second time it hindered the pushing as i knew what was happening. It's not pleasant but completely normal and they are very professional about it.

12. Emmea12uk

Emmea12uk The Folic acid police!

Lol - if it did happen, chances are you won't even know about it.

13. Noodles

Noodles Mummy to two boys!

It is quite common as the muscles that you use to push are very similar to the ones that you use to poo. Chances are you wouldn't even know that you did it as the midwife clears it straight away.

14. kazb25

kazb25 Well-Known Member

omg your post made me give out a really big laugh, so funny " you've just shit yourself only a small one like a wiggly worm" HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I too am worried about this not because i dont want the doctors to see but because i dont want my OH teasing me about it afterwards which i know he would do because he has a cheecky sense of humour, :blush:

15. Kellyx

Kellyx Well-Known Member

this made me laugh :rofl:

16. sophie22

sophie22 Well-Known Member

i knew about this before and it was weirdly one of my biggest fears! i literally dont even want my BF to be there incase i poo or let wind!!! sooooo embarressing!!!

17. theresarhuebb

theresarhuebb x mother of 3 x

it happens when ya give birth not all the time, but midwives do not tell you they just clear it away :) x

18. kazb25

kazb25 Well-Known Member

what if thou, and i know all u ladies will think about this regardless of how laid back u are, what if you give off the biggest fart in the entire history of your fating career and the room goes silent, imagine that one then, oooohhh, i am going to make u all think about that now aint i? lol, imagine if it was a big wet one that echos throu the delivery room right down to the materinty ward, SMILES :haha:

:dohh::nope:

19. missjaime

missjaime Well-Known Member

well if your on the subject of pooping man lets all hope that it isnt followed by a bit of gas you would want to give the doc a new blow wave ha

20. Kate83

Kate83 Boy (6) Girl (3) Girl (1)

poo'd with both my pregnancies, and was sick at the same tme with both. It was awful but i still didnt care, the sencond time the i said 'i need a bowl im gonna be sick' the midwife said 'the sheets already a mess just throw up on it and we will change the whole lot'. I obliged. sick and poo sheets were whisked away and replaced within seconds like the table cloth trick i didnt even get off the bed. magic.