what???? is this true?!

hahaha. Yeah, it's pretty common, and I freaked out when I found that out too. But, you won't even know unless the DR tells you. You'll be so caught up in your baby. I told DH if he knows, he better not ever tell me! hahaha don't stress it. It is bound to happen when you push like your having a bowel movement.

i never pooed but i did wee during the pushing stage with my eldest :blush: it spurted up like a fountain just missing my midwifes face she did have to move out the way rather quickly :haha: did i care? hell no i was in too much fluffing pain and my OH thought it was halirious! However i think i would of rather pooed :wacko:!!! with my youngest i did neither but again... if i did i would of been in too much pain to care!!! x

Omg sorry but that made me laugh lol Im in such a giggly mood at the moment.

Im also a bit worried about pooping if i do i do but im hoping i wont OH keeps teasing me about how hes gonna go `tash theres a big turd on the bed` ill slap him if he does, but i think he`ll be to caught up in whats happening he wont even know

I didnt with DS. I thought I needed one, went to the loo (in hospital) & it turned out to be the baby! Oops!

Threw up a couple of times though. DH was holding the dish for me! Bless him

i did with my first 2. With my son is was on the bed and i didnt even know until the mw commented on my 'nasty hemmoriods' (in a lovely old lady scottish accent!!) Tbh, i didnt notice or care because not long after he was born. My ex thought it was hlarious brought it up reg, but he was a knob!
With my daughter it was in the birthing pool, but the mw had a net and got it all out before i noticed. Again, ex liked to comment on my 'nuggets' prat!
With my 3rd i was worried i might do it infront of my DH so made mtself go before going to hosp which may have quckened my labour along as i needed to push all the way to hosp and he was born 5 mins after arrival.
If you do do it, you will hardly notice or care, much more important things are going on for you and if OH is decent he'll understand it isnt someething you can control. plus the mw's are fab at clearing it all away asap

Oh jesus christ! I didnt know it was so common! I just know I'm gonna do a stream of explosive diarhoeaa in the poor midwifes face! OH's ex didn't poop in labour apparently so now I just know I'm gonna do her share as well! They don't show any of this side of labour on one born every minute do they?!! The last month of pregnancy I'm not eating!! xx

i also did it, in labor though you kinda won't care..it will be one of the last things on your mind. Looking back lol i guess its a bit embarrasing. I have read you can get an enema so you can do it on your terms before giving birth. I've only read it though..no idea if it actually something you can do.

Oh jesus christ! I didnt know it was so common! I just know I'm gonna do a stream of explosive diarhoeaa in the poor midwifes face! OH's ex didn't poop in labour apparently so now I just know I'm gonna do her share as well! They don't show any of this side of labour on one born every minute do they?!! The last month of pregnancy I'm not eating!! xx

:haha: This actually nearly made me wet myself! x

Yep, happened to me, but I had no clue at the time. Obviously I'm not fond of the idea of pooping in front of a bunch of people, but there's not much you can do.

When I heard this I was really freaked out, and everyone kept telling me I won't care at the time, I won't even be thinking about it.... guess what, I sat there pushing thinking, "Omg, I hope I'm not pooping!" It actually made me not push as hard as possible until I just figured, screw it, if it happens it happens. But I DID care even while giving birth lol! I had had an epidural and wasn't in much pain so I guess that's why lol.

Anyway DH told me I didn't poop. But he said they had a trashbag type thing under me for all the 'stuff' that comes out anyway, so it wouldn't have been a big deal. Don't worry about it, even if you do, you know lots of other people do too! :) :)

:haha: This actually nearly made me wet myself! x

mee too lmfao!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No poop here! But I did enough the few days leading up to labor that if I hadn't cleaned out I'm sure it would've been a hot mess! :rofl:

i was a wee fountain! I told the midwife i needed the toliet and she just said "no dear its the baby" to which I replied, "no I need a piss!":blush:

The midwife said its fine dear just do what youve got to do, so there i am, laid on the bed with my legs a kimbo with my OH, MW and student MW aving a wee. It was the longest 30 seconds of my life lol

:blush:

Lovely lol

OHH im feeling so childish but these stories are funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Hehehe sorry!!!! i think its the wording too, divabell "laid with my legs a kimbo" LMFAO.

pmsl worst thing was everyone just kinda stood in silence while I wee'd!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:Roflll!HOW HILARIOUSLY AWKWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my tummy hurts LOLLLL

I did but you just can't help it because that's the proper way to push, like you're having a bowel movement. So if you have something in there, chances are it's going to come out. I was a little embarrassed but was more focused on getting my little one out.

I hadn't thought about pooping to quite this extent! Now I am! What if they're covered in it?! I'll have to move (as I'm a teacher in town and the hospital is only 2 miles from my house - wouldn't want to run into them or their kids! Ever!) hahaha, thanks for the laugh!!

I told my midwife for days that I needed a poo and she said no you don't it's he pushing sensation. Hence I pooed, she should have believed me when I told her I had poo in my poo pipe.

I have also heard from nurse friends that its more like 95-100% of women poo themselves, they just don't know it and everyone is too nice to tell them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"