• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What is your addiction when it comes to baby stuff??

Emmymommy

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Emmymommy and I am addicted to muslin Swaddle blankets. Whenever I see one in my colour scheme I want it!!! Between the ones I've bought or registered for, the number I stand to accumulate is ridiculous and unnecessary, but I love them and I want them all! I'm finding it very hard not to just buy the ones I've registered for already.

What's your addiction? What do you just HAVE to have when you see it, or what takes all your effort to resist??

Cloth diapers, of one spacific brand mostly :thumbup:
I follow there B/S/T on facebook as well as their online store stockings. I seriously have 3 different variations of one spacific diaper I LOVE :blush: We have more than enough for a 3 day supply for DD, but now I have started on little mans stash...OMG a whole new world.

Stuffed animals. Haven't purchased any yet, but tons I feel that she needs. Lol. And a little bit when it comes to any monogrammed/letter items!

Other than baby clothes, I think blankets! Whenever I see a cute one I have to have it!

I follow there B/S/T on facebook as well as their online store stockings. I seriously have 3 different variations of one spacific diaper I LOVE :blush: We have more than enough for a 3 day supply for DD, but now I have started on little mans stash...OMG a whole new world.

I used disposables last time but this time I have built up quite an impressive stash of preloved nappies. My husband keeps rolling his eyes everytime another parcel arrives with more nappies in!

Any bargains that I think are cute, have to be bought! :lol:

My bank balance must be the only thing that's happy that SPD has immobilised me so I can't go round the charity shops!

Any bargains that I think are cute, have to be bought! :lol:

My bank balance must be the only thing that's happy that SPD has immobilised me so I can't go round the charity shops!

I've had to be very restrained with baby clothes as we already have more than enough from our little girl! This little girl will only have a couple of new outfits. Good for the bank balance but sucks a little bit ;)

Baby grows I have an obsession with baby grows next have put the new winter stuff online and omg I want them lol OH thinkd s I'm Ott

Hello, my name is Emmymommy and I am addicted to muslin Swaddle blankets. Whenever I see one in my colour scheme I want it!!! Between the ones I've bought or registered for, the number I stand to accumulate is ridiculous and unnecessary, but I love them and I want them all! I'm finding it very hard not to just buy the ones I've registered for already.

What's your addiction? What do you just HAVE to have when you see it, or what takes all your effort to resist??

Lol mine is also blankets!
If you love muslins ypu should check out flamingo baby on etsy.. Shes a friend of mine but seriously has the best organic muslins.. Shes in instagram too. Her shop might be closed until next week as shes away on vaca!

If you love muslins ypu should check out flamingo baby on etsy.. Shes a friend of mine but seriously has the best organic muslins.. Shes in instagram too. Her shop might be closed until next week as shes away on vaca!

Ahh thank you/what have you done!? Lol I'll definitely check her stuff out. The baby's room is a very specific blue and I'm not finding blankets that have been white right in the shops so going to etsy is a good idea (I just want one or two for draping over the rocking chair etc since I just love them so much).

I agree that bargains are impossible to resist. Even if I know I'll probably get it at the shower (which will be after the birth) if it's on sale I feel I'm just doing everyone a favour to buy it now! For example I bought a contoured change pad for $20 yesterday because everywhere else I've seen them for $30. It's taking all my restraint not to buy the $30 pack of Swaddlers that I found instead of waiting for someone to buy me the same pack off my registry, because the ones on my registry are $45!! I'd like to put in the comments "hint - check winners and marshalls for some of these items on sale!". Everyone is bugging me that I've bought so much I'm running out of registry stuff :p

I agree blankets I always seem to need. I have a few muslin and swaddle blankets. And my mom made me a couple flannel receiving.

But we are expecting our first girl after two boys so I must say clothes are my addiction! I want everything!! I've been having fun buying the summer clearance for her for next summer. So many cute outfits! Sometimes I just open the closet door to look at the cute stuff. Oh and matching headbands! Lol

Baby clothes, that's it. I did have a thing for buying baby wraps but we're up to 5 so I think that's enough lol

Ahh thank you/what have you done!? Lol I'll definitely check her stuff out. The baby's room is a very specific blue and I'm not finding blankets that have been white right in the shops so going to etsy is a good idea (I just want one or two for draping over the rocking chair etc since I just love them so much).

I agree that bargains are impossible to resist. Even if I know I'll probably get it at the shower (which will be after the birth) if it's on sale I feel I'm just doing everyone a favour to buy it now! For example I bought a contoured change pad for $20 yesterday because everywhere else I've seen them for $30. It's taking all my restraint not to buy the $30 pack of Swaddlers that I found instead of waiting for someone to buy me the same pack off my registry, because the ones on my registry are $45!! I'd like to put in the comments "hint - check winners and marshalls for some of these items on sale!". Everyone is bugging me that I've bought so much I'm running out of registry stuff :p

Lol well she hand dyes and stamps them so you might be able to get something you are looking for!

I used disposables last time but this time I have built up quite an impressive stash of preloved nappies. My husband keeps rolling his eyes everytime another parcel arrives with more nappies in!

O yes, the famous hubby eye roll. Mine does as well, though sometimes he is quite excited about some of the diapers, as I choose some I know he likes as well. Thats my 'trick' to be able to keep buying. So far it has worked great :thumbup:

Cloth diapers, all the way. I want them ALL! We use pockets and I find myself wanting every single pattern I see.

We're having a girl and I love buying little tiny hair accessories for her. She already has a whole shoebox full and I don't even know if she'll be born with hair! My cousin's baby didn't even start getting hair until just under a year - if I have to wait an extra year to put bows in her hair, I'll be gutted!

Also, tutus. She already has a rainbow of tutus. It comes from way before Dh and I were even trying - this new store opened up that I walked past frequently, and it had a huge window display of infant to toddler tutus. Every time I walked past it, I wondered when we would be trying and put me closer to those tutus. Then we started trying and it took longer than expected, and every time I'd walk past and see them, I'd get really sad. Then we got pregnant, and I spent 21 weeks walking past the store wondering if I was going to have a girl or a boy, and if I'd ever get a little girl to buy tutus for. I was 100% convinced I was having a boy, and it had been over a year at this point that I was walking past this store, growing sadder and sadder every time I did. Then we found out girl, and the very next day, I marched right into that store and bought two tutus. The collection has only expanded from there.

Footed sleepers. They're so comfy and cute and allow quick and easy diaper access for newborns. That's seriously all I dressed my first in for the first 3 months, so I majorly stocked up this time around. Even for my now almost 2 year old I still love the way she looks in them, glad the weather has started to cool off, so I have an excuse to put her in them :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->