What is YOUR name (and your partners!)?

Kirstie and jason (kay and jay)

I dont mind my name apart from forever say "kirstie with an ie not a y" lol x

My name is Michelle. I like my name. My parents and my in-laws call me "Shell/Chelle/Chell" and my grandpa calls me Shelly. I don't mind when my parents do it, but it bothers me when anyone else does it. My SIL refers to me as "Aunt Chell" to her 18-month-old, and I'd really prefer she call me Aunt Michelle. Oh well! And of course there's the "Michelle my belle" from all of my parent's friends. Don't mind that though!

DH's first name is Clyde, but he goes by his middle name, Michael. He is Michael, not Mike, but anyone new who meets him insists on calling him Mike.

My name is Stacey, and I am totally a Stacey :) I get called Stace by friends and family. I really like my name and there is never a ton of us out there. Plus there are a lot of different spellings (Stacy/Stacie/Staci) to make it more girlie or not.

My husband's name is Glen, which one person said was the most boring name in the world! hahaha But it suits him and our famillies are Scottish so it goes with his last name. It is also not very common, so he was the only one in the class.

My names Anneke , pronounced Anneka. I never liked it and adults seem to say it wrong and pick on it all the time. I get treated differently and not accepted with this name despite being born and breed in Ireland. My partners name is Darren, he got no stick over that its a popular name here.

Mines victoria, shortened to Vickie. Never been teased because of my name. I've never even to keen on Victoria but always loved my middle name isobel.

OHs billy, everyone assumes his actual name is William but his mum named him billy. When he was a kid he was bullied due to his name you can rhyme it with many words. But he loves his name.

My name is Jessica though most of my friends & family now call me Jess though during high school and such it was Jessie. :) When were kids my little brother called me Joss for some reason. I've never been a fan of my name just because how popular it was growing up. I always had at least one other Jessica in my classes all the way through school. Even in college - my Freshman year there were 4 Jessica's on my dorm room floor alone. Other than that I never had any problems - was never teased because of it, though one nasty boy did call me Messy Jessy once just to get on my nerves (a friend of mine's older brother). I actually prefer my middle name Nicole, though that was pretty much just as popular. LOL

My DH's name is Steven but he goes by Steve. He likes his name just fine - we even named our son Steven. :thumbup: He HATES his middle name though which is Edward. I don't really know what he has against it as I think its a perfectly nice name. But it is the main reason our son has a different middle name. :)

Ada although pretty annoyed that nobody ever says it right! it's pronounced Adda so my family always call me blackadder :rofl: DH is James.

My moms name is Ada as well. She says hers Aid uh though. If that makes sense. People call her Adda all the time though. :)

My moms name is Ada as well. She says hers Aid uh though. If that makes sense. People call her Adda all the time though. :)

it seems me and your mom have the same problem lol people call me Aid-uh all the time :haha:

I'm Scott and my wife is Michelle. And while you did not ask, our daughter is Shoshana Madison

-My name is Chelsea. For the most part, I really like my name. It's *somewhat* unusual... I've only met maybe 4 or 5 other Chelsea's. It's also the name of a place, which I like (although my last name is also the name of a place, so if you Google me, you get a map.)

I was teased a bit for it, but I don't think that will be a problem for kids today... not sure they'll know who Chelsea Clinton is. And Chelsea Clinton looks a lot better now than she did when I was a kid... everyone said I looked just like her because we had the same name and both had brown curly hair.

People close to me call me Chels, and that's OK. When people not close to me call me Chels, I immediately bristle, like, "What is it? How much do you need!?!"

Another issue with my name is the spelling. I prefer the way I spell it, as it matches the place. But I tell people it's Chelsea with an A and they sometimes spell it "Chealsie" or something else horrendous. Alternative spellings include Chelsie, Chelsey, Chelsy, and Chelsi. Also, the pronunciation weirdly presents a challenge to some. I get Chelsea-UH or Chel-SEE-uh or sometimes the fabulous Chelissa. The A... it throws people.

-My fiance's first name is Daryl. He went by that name most of his life and HATES it. So now he goes by his middle name, Scott.

-Following suit with the PP, I'll share my stepdaughter's name: Aliana. It's a pretty name, and it suits her. But people get it wrong all the time. They either call her Iliana or Alaina.

My name is Ria. And I always get "Is that short for Maria, Rihanna, Rihanne, etc" or people spell is Rhea or Rhia. It's just Ria. Or Auntie RiRi ^^
My partner's name is Lee. Not unusual.

I'm Chelsea and my middle name is Catheen. I've always like my name only problem I had with it was when I was younger there was no keychains or bike liscense plates with my name but now there is. Everyone mainly calls me Chelsea or Chels but like pp said no one can seem to spell it. Catheen was my grandma's middle name and nobody can spell it lol but I love it. Sometimes was calked caffeine over it but it's w/e and it was just teasing by a family member.

Dh is Daniel Joseph and I've never heard him complain about his name. I actually like Josephine for a girl but he says its too old fashined.... actually he doesn't like anything I do except using both of our dads names in a boys name. Oh well :)

I'm Mary. Nice, plain Catholic name. Actually, Mary Virginia. I was named after a relative, so it doesn't really feel like my own name sometimes.

My husband is Beau. Not short for anything. He's got two middle names, and he uses both initials because there is one other person with the same first+last as him in this world, and they are near the same age, in the same field, with the same background. They live on opposite sides of the globe, but if you Google him, you might find the other guy. :)

my first name is Sonja-Renee'. yes, both of those r my legal first name. Although I just go by Sonja.

Now that im an adult, I like it. but as a kid it was sort of annoying. substitute teachers always mispronouncing Sonja. (Sonya) or calling me Renee'. I'm so used to it now though. I never got made fun of for my name as a kid, except being called "Sony playstation" in 3rd grade. and "sonya I wanna bone ya" in high school. lol (mostly by my guy friends..and no. I wasn't a 'floosy' or anything, haha.)

If I could go back to kindergarten today, I wish I would've gone by Renee instead of Sonja. I like it better. Although I do think Sonja is pretty and less common (which is a plus in my book), Renee is just easier.

My husband's first name is Benjamin. He goes by Ben of course.

my name is Stephanie apart from the odd times where I got called steph-fanny in school its not really a name you can take the mick out off, I get called steph for short which I prefer in college and sometimes at work I got called little steph as I am a shorty at 5ft.

my hubby's name is Samuel but gets called sam for short.

Im Sini, Finnish name meaning 'blue'. Ive always liked it but now I live in the UK I gotta tell everyone how to say/spell it :D

OH is Sanjay, everyone calls him Sanj.

I'm Samantha Louise. I love Samantha, though I mostly get called Sam. I like it, it suits me! It was a bit of a problem in school though, I was picked on a lot and often called Spam or Sambo (a very old racist slur for a black person. I'm not even black? :S ). Louise though...urgh! Most common middle name ever.

DH is Timothy William. He likes it, and William is an inherited middle name (males on his dad's side have it). I like to tease him and call him Timmy, which he hates. Timotei is another good one. >:] I believe he got some flak while in collage because of the character Timmy in South Park...Tim isn't the most social butterfly ever, and people used to do the Timmmmeeeh voice to him.

My name is Ashley and I don't mind having it as a name, although I would never have chosen it for myself, nor would I choose a name so common for my own child. On a rare occasion, someone will joke around and call me "Ashtray or "Ass" but it's never been in a mean way, always someone joking.

Partners name is Ian. He likes it. Sometimes when he's on the phone with a telemarketer or a company (Sprint, electric company etc) they will call him "Ann" lol. My dad used to call him "Ethan" or "Eeyore" LOL I think it was hard for him to remember. Nobody has ever really made fun of his name (except the Eeyore thing, but that was all in good fun)

My name is Elizabeth. My mum named me after Queen Elizabeth I, who is her favourite monarch and historical figure. I, however, go by Beth. I always have done, mostly due to Beth from Little Women, my mum's favourite book. When I was a small child, though, my parents called Bebe. I have no idea where that came from. But some people have called Lizzie which I don't mind. The only person ever to have called me Elizabeth was my grandfather.

My boyfriend's name is John, not very interesting. But the thing is, my mum's partner is also John. So behind their backs we call them John 1 and John 2. To his face, though, I rarely call him by his name. I call him Cricket, entirely inspired by the fact that he could be the long-lost twin of the actor Raphael Sbarge, who plays Jiminy Cricket in "Once Upon A Time"!! (He was also in "Risky Business" with Tom Cruise). John calls me Chicken, and sometimes Princess. Oddly enough, I usually hate this petname, but I like it when he says it. Which says something :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->