What is YOUR name (and your partners!)?

We are Stephanie and Andrew (Andy and Steph) :) quite boring lol.

I'm Michelle Candice. I don't mind Michelle although it is VERY common where I am. There is even a commercial/ advertisement of a hospital nursery with all newborn babies where an excited dad goes with the nurse to see his daughter for the first time and the nurse says "which ones yours?" and he says: "Michelle" and every cot has the name "Michelle" on it :rofl: My family mostly call me Shelly though which is ok.

I hate Candice, I don't know why honestly. To me it sounds like cancer for some reason.

My husband's name is Bertino. We have NEVER ever heard of another Bertino. We have tried facebooking it and there are only a handful of people in Italy with the name and only as a surname. Until people get to grips with it he is called "Benito", "Bandito" "Benino" and most cards he gets his name is spelt Batino. I don't get it really, we say his name really clearly, Bert-in-o. His mother met a little boy when she was a child with the name and never forgot it. DH doesn't mind it and I really can't imagine him being called anything else. It is unusual and I like it; just not enough to have named DS after his dad. Ok ok I'd maybe consider it as a THIRD name; if I ever have another son ;)

I'm Ashleigh Nichole. I've never been teased although people can't seem to spell it even if it's right in front of them, lol. I remember getting a letter for the School Board during high school with the spelling "Ashley". I honestly love my spelling but the name itself is pretty common.

My partner is Logan Mathew.

I am Clair. I hate it, it's boring and frumpy! I used to detest it but I'm cool with it now, it's my name sooo.. Lol. The spelling has bugged me though, or more how people spell it wrong even though my name is written right in front of them :dohh:

OH is Lucas. I love Lucas! It's a boys name I have always loved :)

I'm Kristin, don't mind my name, but sometimes people spell it "Kristen" or call me Christine which is rather annoying.

DH is Damien. He doesn't like his name but I think it's fine.

My name is Caitlyn Michelle, which only ever bothered me because of constant misspellings and there being at least 4 other girls that shared the name. People always assume it starts with a K, too, which drives me nuts.

OH has a really odd name... Mint John. "Like the candy", as he always says lol. It's a family name (if he didn't have a middle name he'd be Mint IV) but I don't think he particularly likes his name. He always has people asking if he said Matt, Mitch, Mitt, etc. And then of course people saying Minty Fresh, Mint Gum, Peppermint... Though I call him Minty Fresh all the time. :haha:

My favorite girl name right now is Caitlin Michelle. I worry about misspelling all the time too because there are so many ways you can spell it.

The name isn't quite as popular as it used to be based on the SSA website so hopefully if I have another girl, she won't be sharing her name with 10 others in her grade.

Glad to hear you like your name for the most part! I love the nn Cait or Caitie <3

If you want something in outer space, my mother named me Dosha Nicole C. and my husband has a very common name Christopher Blake B.

We are Janet and Ralph.

Please nobody ever call your kids our names...they will be bullied..mercilessly :rofl: (we are only 21 too!!)

I'm Amy Nicole, I've always liked it as there weren't too many other Amy's around but it's not really far out there.....my partner is Jesse Edward (Edward after his Dad). I love the name Jesse for a boy <3

My name is Christina, I was named after an uncle Christopher that died in Vietnam and my son's middle name is also Christopher so there is some family ties there. My father tried to use the nickname Chrissy but I hated it and insisted on being called Nina. When I got into kindergarten I had a mean teacher that wouldn't let me use my nickname so I went by Christina for many years until I was a teenager and then people just started calling me Chris. I had a 4 year old cousin that called me Stina though. Now, though, I use Nina whenever I can but most of my family still calls me Chris. I wish I had just stuck with Nina because it suits me better.

My OH's name is Brad... not Bradly, just Brad. He doesn't really have a nickname persay except his mom and dad sometimes refer to him as Brady but no one else is allowed to call him that.

My name is oonagh (pronounced like oooooo-na!) and I've never met another one, heard someone calling for their child in the street when we were in Ireland and was very confused!! Lol. Middle names Louise so kinda a mix of unusual and common. I used to hate it, nobody can spell it properly or pronounce it-I spent my school years being called by my last name by supply teachers or Donna!! But now I love it, I love the fact it's so unusual and I think it fits me well!
OH is Peter, but goes by pete. His middle name is Thomas so gets called Petey (P.T.) by his brothers!

I'm Laura, my partner is Daniel. Pretty standard names as names go. Don't mind them really lol

My name is Stephanie, not to bad, gets shortened to Stephy by my parents but otherwise it's Stephanie or Steph.

Hubby's name is Jeremy, he hates it not sure why though. I'm the only one that shortens it to Jer.

My name is Laura: I've never had any problems with it, I only hate when people call me loz. I also get called law, low, lolo, lolly the list goes on, but nothing bad.

OH's name is Robert: his dad is also called Robert we all call him bob, and my oh gets rob. He has never had any problems with his name, well not that he has mentioned

We both have pretty common and boring :p
:flower:

Crystal - I like it. Only problem was spelling and that drove me boonnnnnkerrrrrs Krystle Christyle Khrystell NO JUST REGULAR CRYSTAL!

Husband is Elliott - same problem with the spelling Eliot or Elliot but other than that, his only problem was with his last name which was Bill! So he took my last name when we got married :)

That's funny, my daddy's first name is bill last name elliott..spelled with 2 ts and everything haha

Melanie - besides the nickname smelly melly I like it haha

Timothy - when he was little his sister couldn't say this and called him Tiffany lol other than that he's ok with it

My name is Keiara (key-air-ah) and I like it, it's not that common, though people do say "Kira" or "kee-are-ah". I would have been named Britney if it wasn't Keiara, and I'm definitely not a Britney. When people have to spell it they usually spell it Keira, Kira, or Kera. Apparently I have too many vowels for some people, my middle name is DeShawn which is my mothers middle name.

OH's name is Maxwell. He likes it and prefers to be called it instead of his nickname, Max, however I never call him Maxwell because its too long for me to say everytime and it seems too formal for me.

My name is Amber. Middle name is Nicole.

DH's name is William, middle name is Alden. He goes by Will. :)

Rachel and Jonathan - so popular in the late 70s, we both had 2 or 3 others of the same names in our year at school which I hated (although I do like my name now). But this is why I wanted unusual names for my children so they will hopefully be unique!
We have a Bree and a Milo on the way so don't think there won't be too many others around! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->