what it feels like

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by kazb25, Feb 1, 2011.

1. kazb25

kazb25 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to share what it feels like for those of u who havnt felt it before when the baby moves and u feel it.

Its like flutters and i believe everyone describes it differently but for me, if u can imagine this then its the best way i can describe.

Ok, u know the hairs on your arm?, well u know if u brush past the hairs on your arm but so u dont touch your skin?, and it gives u a tickling feeling but soft and gentle. well just try it on your arm now, this is what it feels like coming from my belly when babba moves, it is amazing.

anyone else felt babba and want to describe what its like for you????

2. kazb25

kazb25 Well-Known Member

i realise not many ppl commented so i am guessing its too soon for most to have felt, which i thought but just wanted to let u all know what to expect

3. Ouverture

Ouverture Well-Known Member

AHHH beautiful post! I can't wait to feel our bubba! ! !

4. magicbubble

magicbubble Well-Known Member

i love your description :) i agree though, it probably is a bit early for people in 1st trimester to relate, unless they already had a baby :) i cant wait to feel buttondumpling squirming around. i was listening to it on my doppler a few minutes ago and wondered what it might be doing in there while its little heart was beating away :)

5. salander

salander Well-Known Member

i felt something like a bubble popping and it could easily have been mistaken for wind except it just wasn't like that and i didn't trump after :)
    Whilst on my doppler yesterday i felt exactly as you've said like a tiny flutter exactly where i had found the heartbeat but after i had taken the doppler off....Think its still so tiny so not feelijg them that often but i cannot wait to get the first proper one!

6. xxchelseaxx

xxchelseaxx Well-Known Member

I'd describe the first flutters as like a little butterfly flapping in your tummy, but just right under the skin so the wing would be tickling your belly under the skin.

The first actual "kicks" are like a teeny tiny person (which it is) lol, poking you with a teeny tiny finger like 'oi! it's me' but from the inside lol.

Thats how i remember it anyway, mind you it was about 8 yrs ago now! :shrug:

Maybe i'll feel it this time and be embarassed that i've spouted a right load of garbage!! :blush:

xxxx

7. JosieM

JosieM Mummy to a boy and a girl

First time around I think I felt it around the 20 week mark, you'll know what it is when you feel it, I like the description of a butterfly's wings flapping! Later on be prepared for some strong kicks and punches, elbows and bum sticking out!

8. v31984

v31984 Well-Known Member

what a cute thread! i remember with previous 2 i didnt have a clue what was going on and it made me feel sick lol, my second just felt like windy bubbles but low down.. ahh cant wait to feel this one moving about :O)

9. kazb25

kazb25 Well-Known Member

awww yeah i like the butterflies tickling u wiv its wings description, it does tickle, and ive also felt thuds but on my scan baby was throwing its head back so i thinks its head butting me, gonna call it beavis ~ (and butthead)

10. CamoQueen

CamoQueen Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

With my first I thought it felt like gas -- in fact, that's what I thought it was at first, until it didn't go away! I have yet to feel it this time, but I can't wait until I do.

11. Kittee

Kittee Pregnant with #2!

At first it kinda feels like bubbles to me. Then little jabs...then OWWY OWWWY pokes and kicks. :)

12. darkNlovely

darkNlovely Guest

yea I remembe rthe feeling when I was preggers with my son! funny thing many will mistake it for gas..lol yea I think a little early for some I think by time 2nd trimester comes for most they will experience the feeling.