What kind of birth control are you using while WTT?

misshydra

Reaction score
Hey ladies!
I was curious as to what kind of birth control you are using while WTT (condoms? Bcp? IUD? NFP? pull out?)? Also, when are you planning to stop using your bc?

OH and I are using condoms "at the end"/pull out atm (sorry if tmi!) after I had my Mirena IUD removed a month ago. We are planning on NTNP next fall and I'm so excited... And secretly hoping for a surprise BFP in the mean time due to our less than stellar condom use.

:)

We switched to condoms about 3 ms ago. The BC patch messed me up so bad that I've decided no more chemical bc until I'm done having kids, even though I won't TTC for probably a long time.. Oh, and I'm also on prenatal vitamins, can't hurt!

I'm on prenatals too! Maybe I'm crazy, but I swear my hair is nicer since I started them.

I stopped bcp a couple years ago because the hormones were making me super depressed and then went on the mirena. The first few years were amazing, but towards the end I started to get all hormone-y again - but man, does it feel good to be rid of the hormones :thumbup:.

I want to use the pill or Implanon but I'm not allowed due to health problems. So we're stuck with condoms. And let me tell you, using them for 3 years has gotten pretty tiresome. So sometimes we use the pull out method. Secretly hoping for happy accident haha, but most of the time we use pull out I'm not even fertile anyway by coincidence. A few times I've taken the morning after pill when we were first together and we didn't have condoms yet.

I stopped taking the pill (after 8 years on) a few months ago. I was tired of hormones and wanted to see how my cycles worked. We use condoms too, although we're getting fed up of them.

I was on the pill for years, on and off, and the hormones were messing me up so badly. Soon after I came off it at the beginning of the year, hubby got fed up of condoms, so we're using NFP now, and pulling out at fertile times. I think it's working well so far, and I have no idea how I coped with my cycles before charting...I know so much more about my body now!

Im on bc pills & we use condoms so theres no way i can have a happy accident :haha:

I am on the pill, I will come off it a month or two before we start TTC, although I think we will be more NTNP at least to start with :flower:

im on the 'my fiance is in afghanistan' contraceptive at the moment :lol: We normally use condoms though x

We recently went through a loss and are WTT but only until I have a couple normal periods. Hopefully this will only take a couple of months! For us, it's condoms until then (seems weird, I haven't used a condom in so long!)

Yep, condoms are annoying and so teenage-y (no offense)! I'm 28 and still embarassed to buy them.. :blush: I send my OH to the farmacy alone!
He would never agree to the pull-out method, he just doesn't trust it! And I am hoping it's not worth it to have the copper coil since it won't be that long until we ttc (fx), so condoms it is!

Withdrawal method - it's been amazingly reliable both times we've been WTT.

Copper coil, no hormones, it's great.

Me too. It was a little rough at first, but now my periods are lighter, less crampy, and more consistent. I am pretty sure I will use one again after our next baby. :)

I'm using the birth control pill ortho tri cyclen low. However, it's not really working out with me so I'm going to need to switch off of that to another pill. OH and I are hoping to TTC late summer/early fall but since it's so up in the air we haven't really discussed an exact day for me to get off of BC.

We use withdrawl. I'm secretly hoping for a happy accident, but he's so good at it, and it has been amazingly reliable for us.. we conceived DD the first month of TTC, but have been together nearly 5 years with no surprises

We use withdrawal and on very rare occasions, condoms. It's worked wonders since I've gone off the pill, but we had a talk before we decided to do that, because if he's going in without a condom, he better understand he's getting a baby if there's a slip-up!

I was on the pill for years, on and off, and the hormones were messing me up so badly. Soon after I came off it at the beginning of the year, hubby got fed up of condoms, so we're using NFP now, and pulling out at fertile times. I think it's working well so far, and I have no idea how I coped with my cycles before charting...I know so much more about my body now!

How long were you charting before you started NFP? I've only been charting this cycle but I'd like to start NFP once I'm comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->