what kind of home birth are u having and why?

bettny

Reaction score
howdy ive been nosing over this thread since i found out i was preg and the closer it gets to the big day (yes still a massive 12weeks left but still) the more i feel i have to think about.
since i saw the positive test ive wanted a home birth altho having a water birth never crossed my mind i just know i would like to be at home.
i told my midwife at my booking appointment that it was the plan and she seemed very excited about which was great.
so now im thinking what do i need where in the house do i plan to have this lo!

what are ur plans and what have u arranged? aka pool or i dunno plastic sheets for bed?

humor me lol

planning a waterbirth but will have the sofa and bed prepped too in case i get upstairs to go toilet and dont make it back down lol or i dont want to be in the pool, got plastic sheeting for under/around the pool will be putting a few "dry nights" mats on my sofa and on my bed and have plenty of disposible change mats around too and then top anything with the old sheets we were going to give away but will come in useful for this lol

We are planning a home water birth. Our MW lent us a tub and we bought a liner for it to ease clean-up. We'll have plastic under an old sheet on our bed as well so if I feel like I want to lay down there at some point I have that option.

I'll be giving birth downstairs. Want to leave upstairs with bed made etc so once I've had LO I can shower and get into bed if I want to without worrying about mess.
have my pool and have a million billion towels and a shower curtain too! Want to deliver in the water but if not, will just lie on a towel on the floor or go on all 4s.

thanks seems every1 is goin with water births and altho i like the idea think by the time i get bk to the uk will be 2 late to arrange a pool!
anyways ty for the answers so far!

I am thinking of a waterbirth this time as it's my 3rd but I didn't have a pool with my first 2 at home. I did sit in the bath alot and found that as I was having a rush if my partner would slowly pour a large jug of water on my belly (as it was sticking out of the water) that helped. The warm water of the bath or pool softens your perinium as well as pain relief.
I bought a couple of very cheap shower curtains from a budget shop and asked friends for old towels and sheets and I made a spot to birth in... 1st time in the living room but I ended up on the bed, 2nd time on the bed but gave birth on the bathroom floor haha! Be prepared in a couple of places but don't worry the midwives will put inci-pads under you if land yourself somewhere you've not prepared! Homebirth is amazing as you can relax more and get into your own bed with your partner straight away. :thumbup:

im planning first hb with my third, prob jsut to have baby downstairs, didnt want a waterbirth as i like water to be roasting as in almost boiling so id prob moan that it was too cold lol, still to buy shower curtains and more towels lol

I'm having a home water birth (hopefully) as well, I can imagine being in the water will be really nice. I can also imagine not knowing what to do with myself if I wasn't in the pool if you get what I mean.
Just need to buy one or rent one which is annoying, also having doubts about filling it up! Such a kerfuffle.

With ds2 I planned for a waterbirth. But I ended up giving birth in my living room standing up and squating. I just followed my body, and my body didn't want to be in the water when I was pushing. We will TTC next year and I will again have a birth pool, but I will let my body decide if it wants to be in the pool or not.

I'll be birthing wherever I'm most relaxed and comfy :)
We'll have the pool set up so I'd like to think baby will be born in water but if it doesn't happen then it doesn't happen :)

thanks guys still so much to think about :D cant wait to get stuff all sorted think ill go for a non water birth just cuz im the same i like the water to be burning and will prob be cold lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->