What made you happy today?

SleepyBaby

Reaction score
i was reading through a lot of forums and it all seems to be stress and drama and well... all things pregnancy related, so i thought for fun id start a Happy Thread :happydance:

Ok so today i learned, runny eggs are safe in pregnancy, craving them and wondered if i remembered right from last time we are not suppost to eat them but yey :happydance:

(Stole straight from daily mail but researched and other places agree!)

"Pregnant women will to be told they can enjoy runny eggs again as the risks of salmonella have been almost eliminated.
For almost 30 years they have been urged to avoid all raw or undercooked eggs – including home-made mayonnaise, mousse and hollandaise sauce.
But a year-long review by a panel of Government scientists has concluded that the risks of contracting salmonella from UK eggs is now ‘very low.’
It states that pregnant women, the elderly and toddlers can safely enjoy eggs with runny yolks as long as they have British Lion kitemark on their shell."

I love runny eggs, especially in egg benedict.

My happy thing for today is that I ordered some new maternity clothes because I was feeling pretty frumpy with my old wholly t-shirts.

I haven't felt sick or faint today! And my daughter wanted me to read her a bedtime story so it's been s good day for me lol

I ate runny eggs a few times before even thinking about the fact they could be dangerous. Thank god they're not!!

My happy moment is my youngest son (3 years old) asking if I would like to share his breakfast <3

Yesterday I was given 1000 nappy bags technically they are adult nappy bags but I work with someone who never uses them so gathered all the bags up and have them to me

Today it's reading this we can eat runny eggs I'm so having fried egg butties for me tea now tonight lol

My happy moment is that last night my almost 2 year old slept in her own bed for the first time. We have created a joint nursery/bedroom for her and her baby brother due in October and she didn't get up once, in bed, gave her a bottle at 11pm (she's still asleep i just give it to her and it always works) then she came to the bedroom door at 8am and said "mummy are you there" so proud of her!!

I took DS out for lunch, just me and him, and he behaved really well and then we took the dog for a walk and they were both really good :) and now he's fallen asleep in the car so I've carried him in to the sofa and we can both have a rest. Win!!

So many good happy bits :D

Today i put my new found egg facts to the pan and had me some eggs!

so again, eggs are my happy bits of today lol

I'm about to snuggle on the sofa with DD and watch finding nemo on DVD with popcorn! She's desperate to watch finding Dory which will be her first ever Cinema trip so we're doing that next month!

Today I received a tonne of newborn cloth nappies in the post!
But odd haha but makes me more excited for baby's arrival :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->