What method do you all use for BBT? Vaginally? Axillary?

xLottiex

Reaction score
Hi all!!!

Just wanting to know which body part do you all take your BBT from and how accurate would you say your results have been?

I've been using the axillary method(under arm) all month, and keeping it there til it beeps, but silly me I've just read you should leave it there for 5-10mins!!! No wonder my temps have been all over the place. I'm a newbie to temping so I was bound to do it wrong lol.

I've heard vaginally is accurate, and that orally can be inaccurate if you have slept with your mouth open or something?

What is your method, what time in the morning do you temp and how accurate have you found your results to be?

I had a cold at the beginning of this month so my temps were all over the place, but I plan on continuing to temp vaginally. It seems like it would be much more accurate than orally, seeing as how sometimes we breathe through our mouths, etc. I'm going to try to temp at about 4 or 5 every morning, because that's when my son usually gets up for a feed.

I temp orally. I'm a nose breather so I find it works good for me. I temp when my Dhs alarm goes off which is around 6:45. It might vary between 6:30 and 7 though.

Thanks. I might have to change my method next cycle!

I temp vaginally. I'm apparently a mouth-breather and my temps were super low and with very irregular when I did it orally. Vaginally, my temps barely vary at all! Its not like you can sleep with your vagina left open :rofl: :rofl:

I have an alarm set on my phone to temp at 7am, but I usually take it whenever I wake up -- which is often much earlier. And I use TCOYF.com to chart, and it adjusts my temp for me if I take it much earlier/later than 7!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->