What old wives tales were true for you?

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
I was just wondering what old wives tales people believe in and were true for you in this pregnancy and previous?!

Bump shape?
Heart beat?
Cravings
Skin?
Etc

As you can see by my sig they were all basically true :rofl: and he is a very well endowed little boy according to my gyn so he could just be a man's man like his dad lol. Wish I could remember what came back girl and inconclusive. I know skull was girl. Ring test was inconclusive. I think one calendar said girl. Either Mayan or unadjusted Chinese (or both)

I think the only thing that held out for me was nub, I don't think this is so much a old wives tale though as I know there is a certain amount of 'scientific evidence' behind it!
Heart beat and cravings were way out for me as were Chinese calendars :)

Oh something to do with the eye and a line or fork in it too? I can't exactly remember what it was but it was right for me. I had never heard of it until pregnant with my son though so not sure of the outcomes with previous pregnancies :)

Bump shape (high, wide), heart beat (180!), cravings (sweet, fruit and cakes), I'm not sure about the skin one - I have oily skin for the first time in my life, and this will be my second daughter... My skin was incredibly dry with all of my sons.

I had a typical "boy" pregnancy last time... perfect skin, no sickness, no heartburn, etc. He is definitely all boy.

I'm having an opposite pregnancy this time. I'll know this week if it's a boy or girl. I'm curious to see.

The cravings, sickness, heartburn, heart rate, skin on my face has been bad, Chinese calendar prediction thing we're all pointing girl. The side I sleep on and a few other things pointed boy. Most of my 12 week scan gender guesses were boy but it's a girl!

Chinese calender was correct and Im carrying all front with this baby. I also have a linear line above my belly botton. With dd it was below my belly button.
Morning sickness was hurredous with this one. Which suprised me im having a boy!
X

Both times I had the same "old wives tales" signs:

Heart rate: was always over 150 for my girl, always in the 130's for this boy.
Cravings: Sweets for my girl, SPICE and jalapenos non stop for this boy.

Sickness: I was actually way sicker this time with the boy, so that was a miss for me.

I've had a very 'girl' pregnancy this time around, completely different to my first son. But we are having another boy.
Only thing really that was true was his skull was very boyish at the 12 week scan to me. Oh and his heart rate is always about 130-140.

Honestly not many were correct for me except heart rate and ring test. Most of the other ones pointed to a boy and we're having a girl :haha:

Its so funny isnt it. I dont believe in many at all - i guess its 50/50 if they will work for you! Lol

All of the old wives tales in my first pregnancy pointed to boy, heart rate, felt great, skin was fine, Chinese gender calendar, fizz test, and he was a boy!

This pregnancy is 100% the opposite in every way. I've been sick from the beginning, bad skin, heart rate, etc etc so I was convinced it was going to be a girl. I just found out this morning it's another boy!!

Happy but surprised, and not sure about accuracy of the old wives tales anymore :)

I had terrible heartburn with my son. And lo and behold he was born with a head full of hair! This time I'm 12 weeks and 2 days and no heartburn yet. i wonder if my little baby will be born bald?! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->