What purees are babies most likely to enjoy?

CoffeePuffin

Reaction score
I've had to start weaning from 17 weeks on advise of cleft nurse as Millie has to be weaned before her cleft palate operation in March.

It was going well to start with. She wasn't keen on baby rice but loved apple puree, pear puree, organic chicken and vegetable puree. She loved it and was opening her mouth for the food and barely spitting any out. But then she had a cold and wasn't interested in solids so I left her for a while. Now I've tried to start again, but she isn't interested. I know that she may not be "ready" for weaning, but I don't have a choice and have to try.

I tried her with mango puree for the last few days but it seems she hates it. Maybe taste is too strong for her? What purees have you found your baby to enjoy the most?

I'm not making my own at the moment as I genuinely don't have time. But I always use organic. We use Ella's kitchen pouches, Plum organic pouches, Hipp Organic pouches + jars, Boots organic pouches + jars.

It doesnt really matter if she gets a range of flavours to begin with,you could just stick to what she likes and work up as she gets older.
Sweet potato is something to try as they like the sweetness,also carrot, avacado,pear,peach,apple,banana

Peach purée was a massive winner for us!

Maddie just nailed a prune puree - very sweet and icky but I'm trying to get a poop out of her... I second sweet potato or any root veg at this stage (Carrot / Parsnip) xx

Bananas. LO goes nuts for them. You can't get it in fast enough. He'll eat sweet potatoes, carrots, peaches, pears, mangoes and bananas so far. He isn't a fan of some of them by themselves (like carrots) but will happily eat them if mixed with mangoes or peaches.

Sweet potatoes, carrots, green beans, bananas, peaches, pears. Those were my ds's favorites.

I haven't found something she doesn't gobble down! and demands more!!! So glad she likes it b/c she was about to fall off the charts before we started purees.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->