what scan when?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by scottishgal89, Apr 22, 2009.

1. scottishgal89

scottishgal89 Well-Known Member

hey.
    this is going to sound daft but because i wasnt sure if i was going ahead with the pregnancy i was booked into the termination clinic to have an early scan that put me at 7 1/2 weeks.
    my first midwife appointment is on 28th may by which time i will be about 16 or 17 weeks and i was told that was my booking in appointment. but i dont think i will get a scan till a few weeks after that.
    soo..have i missed out on things?
    im not totally sure how its meant to go for your first pregnancy.
    any help would be great :)
    xxx

2. babybuffy84

babybuffy84 Happy new mummy :)

You should have a 3 month scan when you are about 12 weeks or so :) then you get another one around 20 weeks too

3. angelstardust

angelstardust mother of 3

You probably won't get a scan at 12 weeks now as you had one at 7 weeks which will give you an accurate EDD.

Your next scan will probably be at around 20 weeks if everything goes well.

4. Mynx

Mynx Mum of 2 Gorgeous Girls!!

It all depends what area you're in tbh... I had a dating scan that put me at 7w+2 and I'm still having my 12 week nuchal scan on 26th May (I'll be almost 13 weeks by then) but where I live, the 12 week nuchal scan is offered to all expectant mothers, regardless of earlier dating scans.