what shapes our opioions and views?

Eternal

Three boys!
Reaction score
What is it? Our education? Parents? socio-economic group? peers?

obviously everything we experince in life shapes us, but what has the most influance?

I think a large part of it is our parents and how we are generally raised. I think that takes up about 85-90% of where we get our views.

its a little bit of all the above, a strength of character plays a big part and how much you question your environment/lifestyle and how much you relate to your surroundings, some people like myself will always question where they are in life and what you can do to improve it, and thats where parents and peers come in and they influence us, but depending on how much we challenge what we hear shapes how much we're influenced by them, thats why you get a lot of poor people that make it big because they really challenge their surroundings and they don't want to just blend in and take what they're given in life, others will give in to peer pressure and not know anything other than the life they're born into and they don't want to break from the mold if that makes any sense :flower:

For me, before I turned 23, I think I was operating on default. I was influenced by parents, peers, media etc. Only 2 years ago did I start to question everything. Now I am guided by my own personal feelings about things. My opinions can sometimes be very unpopular, but although everyone likes acceptance, I dont mind as long as I am being true to me. x

I agree with it being 90% parental guidance (or lack of!).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->