What should a nearly 3yr old be doing?

babe2ooo

mum to Jack
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've noticed there are a few of us around that LO's are turning 3 soon and i was just wondering what should they be doing???

talking, counting, colouring.......

My lo has just turned 3 a month ago, she can colour but not very neatly at all, she can draw a picture of a person, it kinda resembles one anyway, not too sure if other peple would be able too make it out though.:lol:

In the way of talking she can talk very well, she can count to 20 (even though she often misses out 16), she can also say her alpabet and spell her name. I think thats about it, not sure if this is average as my eldest was doing a lot more than this, but when I took her for her check up the hv said she was fine :flower:

jack can do all of that apart from say the alpabet, if i say it he can say it back but he couldnt say it by himself, he going to be 3 in 3months

My little girl only started saying it within the last 2 months, before that she was also just repeating too :)

oh cool maybe by the time he is 3 he will be able to do it

Will be watching this thread :thumbup:

Niamh is two and a half.

She knows colours (red, blue, orange, green, pink, purple, yellow, white, black)
She counts to 15 (tries to go higher, but it goes 15,16,19,14,15 :lol:)
She knows her alphabet by sight
She knows & draws some shapes
Speaks in sentences of 5-6 words (though not all the time!)
Does fantasy playing (her favourite is being a horse or a princess atm :lol:)
Tells pretend stories
She tries to write (she'll write and say the letters she thinks she's writing but it's squiggles)

There are some things she's not doing though. She's not into singing songs, and she isn't keen on potty training yet but I'm not pushing it. She also wakes through the night sometimes too.

Will be watching this thread :thumbup:

Niamh is two and a half.

She knows colours (red, blue, orange, green, pink, purple, yellow, white, black)
She counts to 15 (tries to go higher, but it goes 15,16,19,14,15 :lol:)
She knows her alphabet by sight
She knows & draws some shapes
Speaks in sentences of 5-6 words (though not all the time!)
Does fantasy playing (her favourite is being a horse or a princess atm :lol:)
Tells pretend stories
She tries to write (she'll write and say the letters she thinks she's writing but it's squiggles)

There are some things she's not doing though. She's not into singing songs, and she isn't keen on potty training yet but I'm not pushing it. She also wakes through the night sometimes too.

Looking at your list I see I missed some off, I always think of these things later :dohh:

She also knows her colours
She can identify shapes but cannot draw them, if she tries they all end up as circles.
She defiently plays pretend, again she likes too think she is a princess.
She can sing quite a few songs.
She is potty trained, but will still rarely have accidents at night

Again there are a few things from your list she cannot do,
She defiently doesnt know her alpabet by sight (well only the letter x but I dont think that counts :lol:)
She is nowhere near trying to write, if I try with her again the only things I get are circles. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->