What should I already be doing??

Hi
Just wanted to offer a bit of help too...i didn't do all the charting n stuff with Kian so can't help u there (we didn't TTC for Kian...he sneaked his way in there!!!) But this is stuff i've picked up from baby mags, books, MW and what not... And i wish i'd known it b4!!
u should start taking folic acid at least 3 months b4 u TTC, There r also pre natal vits that OH can take too. Cut out alcohol (or at least cut it right down) and cut out caffeen (for both u and DH coz they both lower sperm count)
start now using a body scrub (4 circulation) and something like coco butter or olive oil on ur tummy, hips and boobs to help with the elasticity...it wont stop stretchmarks but it'll help and will stop u feeling itchy when ur stomach first starts growing.
Drink loads of water too...before, during and after TTC and pregnancy...its great for everything!
i dont know abt the pill so i'd echo everyone else and say talk to ur GP but i do know a few people who got pregnant right away after coming off the pill so u'll prob b ok to stay on it during honeymoon.
One of the things i'm def gonna do next time round and wish we'd thought to do this time round is save money and (holiday time from work) so that DH can have more than just a few weeks off work after the birth. My OH is self employed so we saved for him to have the usual 2 weeks paternity plus a few extra days here and there incase we needed it but really we needed a couple of months! it was all much harder than i thought it would b and i needed him there more than i'd thought i would. i had quite bad SPD towards the end so needed him around lots b4 the birth as well as after the birth.

Also i'd say take something like cod liver oil b4 u TTC (i don't know if its safe to take during ttc/pregnancy so maybe ask ur GP) and do something like yoga to help with ur joints...like i said i had really bad SPD in pregnancy and wish i'd done something to prepare my body.

Also in terms of pre pregnancy reading...i found 'Bloomin birth: get the pregnancy and birth you want' was the most imformative book i read and wish i'd read it earlier so i could of had a better insight into pregnancy. And Baby and pregnancy mag run 'make a baby month' and offer TTC info.

Right thats me done.

Good luck ladies and congrats on ur upcoming weddings xx

Is there anything in particular i should ask my GP about?? I probably sound stupid :blush: Obviously am going to check am up todate with vaccinations and generaly healthy, speak to her about coming off my pill and how long i have to wait before trying. Becky10 hope she say there wouldn't be a problem if we started straight away if your most fertile in the first month!!! :happydance:

In addition to asking about BC, vaccinations, and prenatal vitamins:

When I went to my GP I asked her about my exercise routine (wanted to make sure I could keep running) and asked her about any improvements I could make in my diet (my protein comes mainly from fish as I rarely eat poultry or red meat, she told me which fish to steer clear from and to start eating more chicken and legumes for additional protein).

I don't know where you live, but I'm in the US and I also asked my GPs recommendation for an OB/GYN and she gave me a couple suggestions.

After reading "What to Expect", start thinking about what kind of birth experience you want. Whether you want an all natural birth, a water birth, a midwife assisted birth, whether you want a doula present, or if you want to give birth in a birthing center or a hospital. (again, you may not have to worry about a few of these things if you are in the UK).

Also (if you're in the US) look into which plans your insurance will cover. DH and I want a natural childbirth at a birthing center assisted by a doula. We found out our insurance will only cover 90% of it and will not pay for a doula (but it will cover 100% of the costs if we were in a hospital :growlmad:). So we decided to save up a bit so we can have the birth plan we want!

Just a few things you can think about as your preparing :winkwink: I know it probably seems like alot to look into when you're just WTT, but I'm of the mind that I'd prefer to enjoy my pregnancy instead of worrying about finding the right doctor, whether we can afford the birth plan we want, etc.

Hi! I'm getting married in April and will be ntnp from then. I'm currently taking folic acid. I'm still on the pill (microgynon 30) and will be until 2 weeks before I get married. I have already seeked advice from my GP and she said that whilst she would advise coming off the pill 3 months before ttc but that it wouldn't actually do any harm if you started ttc straight away. It's not a big deal for me as I don't plan on charting from the start but it would probably be more of a problem if you were planning on charting as it might take a while for your body to sort itself out after. I'm fairly active anyway and since money's been tight I've found that I can really enjoy myself without drinking- even on a pubcrawl last night I spent under £15, something that would never have happened a year ago!- and oh isn't drinking so much either!

Beca :wave:

Thankyou for your brilliant advice. There is so much to concider!! I agree Lady of Rohan i want both of us to enjoy the pg not have to worry about all these things, also i am a little obsessed with planning and lists!!!
Thankyou so much for all your advice. Everyone here is so friendly!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->