What should I ask at Dr's appt. on Thursday?

SilverFair

Reaction score
It's been 14 weeks since my natural miscarriage and I haven't really had a period yet. What should I ask the doctor at my appointment on Thursday? Are there any specific tests I should ask to have done? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Silverfair, i'd ask for tablets to help bring AF on, i had Norethisterone and came on within a day of finishing them!

Still cant believe your waiting for it 14 weeks on, if i never got them tablets i could still be waiting to.

Let me know how you get on hun xxx

Thanks, Gem. I thought I had a period 5 weeks ago, but it was so light. I thought I'd wait another month and maybe I'd get a more normal period, but last week all I got was a couple episodes of spotting and then nothing again. I got hopeful and thought maybe it could be implantation bleeding, but I took a test on Saturday (2 days ago) and it was negative. :( I'm assuming there's no way I'm ovulating since my body hasn't had a proper period. It just makes me so sad.

How is Norethisterone supposed to work? I think I remember someone saying it tricks your body and makes you bleed, but is it actually supposed to help you start ovulating?

Awww silverfair, i know it must be hard waiting! :hugs:

After the Norethisterone (it is meant to trick your body into having a period, its also used to delay a period (strange)) i bled for 5 days, and i ovulated exactly the same as i did when i had my 28 day cycle before pregnancy, i was using opk's to check mind.

How long did your cycle use to be and around when did you ovulate?

xxx

Honestly, I'm not really sure. I was on the pill for 6 years before trying to get pregnant. Before the pill, I remember my periods coming every month, give or take a week. That's really broad, but I have a terrible memory. I always thought there was nothing wrong with me, but when I hear so many women say their periods come like clockwork give or take a day maybe two, that makes me second guess myself. After I got off the pill last May, I had cycles all over the place. They were roughly 34, 26, 36, 20, 31 days and then I got pregnant. I've never tried OPKs or temping or anything. Even if I wanted to now, I wouldn't even know where to start since I haven't had a real period. I just have such a terrible feeling that something's wrong with me. I'm trying to remain positive and just be grateful that I'm going to the doctor on Thursday when I can hopefully get some help! I'm guessing my next path will be taking something to bring on a period and then possibly clomid to help with ovulation. I'll have to figure out how to pay for a bunch of OPKs too. I just did some research and thought that norethisterone doesn't make you ovulate, it just causes a bleed and then clomid has to be taken to help you ovulate. Did you take any clomid or did you just ovulate on your own?

Just keep thinking positive hun! Our bodies do crazy things and im sure everything is and will be fine!

When i went to the Doctor he wasnt worried that i hadnt had a period, he actually said for me to make an appointment for a months time if still no sign but i told him i wanted somet to help bring it on while i wasnt working as didnt want to be taking time off if i got af really bad, which thankfully it wasnt, only one day of heavy bleeding and cramps!

I ovulated on my own, using cheap opk's i got off ebay! I think if i hadnt ovulated i would of used clomid!

xxx

Thanks for sharing. It helps me feel better to hear your experience. I hope your body is back to normal now!

No problem Silverfair, let me know how you get on!

I think my bodies back to as normal as it can be!

Good Luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->