What should i do? i'm scared?!

ellydu

Reaction score
the day before my 13 week scan i started having a few stitchy feeling cramps in y lower abdomen, was worried so i tried to contact my midwife who i couldnt get an answer to so had to phone the hospital. midwife there told me to take two paracetamol and relax...which i was doing. everytime i was going to the toilet i was checking for any blood but there wasnt any! when i stood up at 5pm there was this rush of blood pouring down my leg..have never been so scared in all my life!

docs n hospital couldnt do anything anyway coz my scan was booked for the next day so just had to wait. i had bought a doppler a few weeks ago and started it up and heard the baby's heartbeat, was 162bpm so started to relax. went for my scan and everything was fine. doctor told me i would have a little more bleeding but then it should clear up.

thats was on thurdsay. its now the following tuesday and the bleeding has slightly returned although this time its more of a browny discharge sorry if too much info! dnt no whether to bother the docs again. is this anything to worry abt?!

im now 14 weeks and 1 day! hoping nothing bad happens! xxx

First off try not to worry (easier said than done i know). dont do anything strenuous and try to relax. if your really worried ring mat unit or mw for advice, they usually dont mind.

i had a brown discharge few weeks ago. rang mat unit and they told me they could nothing as i was under 20weeks, very helpful! when i spoke to my mw a week later she said it was probably just a blood vessle that had burst or my placenta had moved. it only last about 12hrs luckily.

they usually say brown is old blood, but if your worried call the MW hun hope it clears up soon :hugs:

I am no expert although i had a bleed the day before my 12wk scan too. In my opinion you should always check with mw or gp. I know it feels like you're being a drama queen or a time waster (i hate calling) but with baby its always better to be safe than sorry. I'm sure its nothing to worry about, keep us updated x x x :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hon it could just be old blood from the bleed you had from last time. Brown means old. have you checked the HB? If your worried go to hospital. If your not in pain then your probably fine :hugs: I know it's scary I had a brown bleed too at 12 weeks. x

if it doesnt clear up i'll fone the midwife. called her yday to ask her about blood tests i had done 5 weeks ago, and to tell her of the disabilities in my partners families kids, didnt really get much of an answer. get the impression that she cant be arsed! having to get these blood test to test for spina bifida and downsyndrome etc just so i can c her! thats how bad she is! x

also been having no pain since calling hospital before bleed. can only be a good thing x

Brown blood does mean its old, but if you are worried I would call the doctor just to make sure hon, better safe then sorry. You are just a worried new momma, Im sure they see it all the time :)

I really think it is likely to be what was left from the bleed you had before, just it probably took it's time working its way out (hence it being brown=old) But i totally agree with others who say that if you are worried go get it checked. you can never bother them too much, you knwo what's best for your little one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->