What should i expect 1st FS appointment?

DaisyDuke

Matilda Tasya's mum :)
Reaction score
The title says it all really, my appointment is in 2 weeks, just wondering what to expect? XXX

Other people's were different to mine. My ob/gyn asked a few questions and generally fobbed us off for 3 months telling us to relax, bd on cd10, 12,14, 16 and 18, stop charting/using cbfm and let nature take its course. Its my 2nd appt today and he's going to regret it if he tries that again. I think up here unless theres something blaringly obviously wrong with your hormones which there hasn't been so far with mine then they send you away for several more months. My GP never did the cd21 tests til last week so im hoping thats where the problem lies.
I would be firm and make sure you come out with a clear plan, i didn't do that really and let him go along the lines of "in 3 months we'll do an examination and MIGHT prescribe mild fertility drugs" !!! He wouldn't acknowledge my short luteal phase. Im gonna go private if he won't listen this time.

At my first appt, I had an internal scan, swabs for STIs, and was weighed. I then had to sign a disclaimer for my HSG and then was told to phone on CD1 to book in for the HSG. I already had DHs SA results and results from CD21 bloods done - my GP sent them with the referral request. If you haven't had these done, then I'd get them done - it'll certainly speed things up for you.

Good luck

xx

We went to our first FS appt armed with 3 dud SA's. FS made me do hormonal bloods, pelvic ultra sound and a lap.

You'll also fill out forms that ask questions such as age, weight, TTC period, cycle length, if you or DH have any children, if you've ever been pregnant or had an abortion etc.

Be firm, thats all I can recommend. Demand some sort of testing!

Thanks girls i have had so many bloods done already, so i think i'm ok on that front, also DH has had SA. Should DH come with me? We have a mild male factor? XXX

I think DH should definitely go with you. It is something that you're both in on together.

Hey Daisy,
what tests/results have you had so far?xx

I have had day21 bloods, lh and fsh ratio, an internal check, swab for chlamydia, bloods for hiv, heb b, physalis, testosterone checked, to check that i'm rubella immune, i think that's it there may be more but i can't think of them right now. How about you? XXX

blooming eck woman! is there anything that they didn't check!!!

I had my 3 and 21 day bloods done which checks fsh/rubella etc. and they all came back normal. DH has had 2 SA tests done both showed no improvement with a count of 1.5 million but his motility and morphology was all fine! bizarre!!!xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->