What size clothing have you gone up to for your LO?

CLH_X3

Love my two babies!
Reaction score
This is my first so all the stuff Iv had to buy from scratch .. and maybe a bit over the top as it is my first! :haha:

Iv bought a fair amount but in diff sizes, iv got..

*Tiny baby (Not much just a couple vest etc incase)
*First size/Newborn
*0-3
*3-6
*6-9
*9-12

Obv most of the clothing I have is up to 3-6 but I already have packs of vests for 6-9 as family have bought them, and when iv seen a lush outfit at bargain price (weather considered) I also pick it up!

What sizes has everyone else gone up to ? am I a total nut job!! :blush:

Just tiny, newborn and 0-3 for me, haven't really got the space to store stuff for months x

Because I'm team yellow I only have the basics in newborn and some 0-3 !!

Online shopping will be hammered after bubbs arrives !!
That's if I ever go into labour x x

Just newborn and 0-3, don't want to spend too much on bigger sizes (although very tempted) just incase she comes out a he lol.

I got loads of hand me downs from my cousin so have clothes up to 12-18 months!! Obviously most stuff is newborn, 0-3 and 3-6 and then I have a few bits in all the other sizes.

i havnt bought any clothes just vests because i didnt have any because people are giving me some already and it is the most common prezzie so just waiting till after and if i need more i will go shopping. i can beleive the price ppl pay for clothes i have got a lot of coco collection and they are like £40 each and i have one little dress and it was £92 i would not be paying £92 for a dress the baby will probs wear once or twice there all so cute tho one of my friends bought some lil pink crocs there gorge but for £15 when she wont be able to walk in theem lol. i dont want to sould like a cheap scate coz i hove got my baby the best but im not spending a fortune on things it will hardly use. xxx

We've got mostly newborn and 0-3 and a couple of random things in 3-6 and 6-9.

All the clothes I've bought new (just sleepsuits and baby-gro's) have been 0-3. I figure she'll fit into the baby gro's at birth unless she's really tiny and I thought I'd get the most use out of that size. The only newborn size clothes I've got came from relatives or charity shops.

But my mom sent us a big box of baby clothes in all different sizes from newborn to 12 months. They're really nice but unfortunately she didn't quite match up the size for the weather--we've got two snowsuits in size 0-3 for a baby born in July, and a heavy winter coat at size 12 months again for a summer baby! It's a shame but I doubt we'll be able to use them.

i havnt bought any clothes just vests because i didnt have any because people are giving me some already and it is the most common prezzie so just waiting till after and if i need more i will go shopping. i can beleive the price ppl pay for clothes i have got a lot of coco collection and they are like £40 each and i have one little dress and it was £92 i would not be paying £92 for a dress the baby will probs wear once or twice there all so cute tho one of my friends bought some lil pink crocs there gorge but for £15 when she wont be able to walk in theem lol. i dont want to sould like a cheap scate coz i hove got my baby the best but im not spending a fortune on things it will hardly use. xxx

£92 for a dress is ALOT...
you can get loads for that ...

I have onsies that from Ralph lauren - but only the odd one that was in the sale! so i paid like half the price for it!! .

Iv told alot of people iv got clothes so i dont really expect much as a gift ..
Job 1 got me £50 of mothercare vouchers
Job2 is getting me a spa treatment

and friends have picked up a baby bath and little toys...

All the clothes I've bought new (just sleepsuits and baby-gro's) have been 0-3. I figure she'll fit into the baby gro's at birth unless she's really tiny and I thought I'd get the most use out of that size. The only newborn size clothes I've got came from relatives or charity shops.

But my mom sent us a big box of baby clothes in all different sizes from newborn to 12 months. They're really nice but unfortunately she didn't quite match up the size for the weather--we've got two snowsuits in size 0-3 for a baby born in July, and a heavy winter coat at size 12 months again for a summer baby! It's a shame but I doubt we'll be able to use them.

I havent bought any snowsuits cuz it be a july baby!... But someone has bought me a summer dress when it be winter! :haha:

This is my first so all the stuff Iv had to buy from scratch .. and maybe a bit over the top as it is my first! :haha:

Iv bought a fair amount but in diff sizes, iv got..

*Tiny baby (Not much just a couple vest etc incase)
*First size/Newborn
*0-3
*3-6
*6-9
*9-12

Obv most of the clothing I have is up to 3-6 but I already have packs of vests for 6-9 as family have bought them, and when iv seen a lush outfit at bargain price (weather considered) I also pick it up!

What sizes has everyone else gone up to ? am I a total nut job!! :blush:

I've got exactly the same as you except for nothing in Tiny baby, as I'm expecting to get minimum of a 8lber. Just my own estimation.:wacko:

I havent bought any sleepsuits cuz it be a july baby!... But someone has bought me a summer dress when it be winter! :haha:

This sounds awful, but I hope my mom isn't watching Ebay! She sent a lot of clothes which will probably be too heavy. :blush:

I am team yellow so I have only bought nb and 0-3 and a few 3-6. After that age the outfits seem really gender-specific and hard to find any that will work for both.

I got a box of hand-me-downs which had all sizes from my sister and a bag of hand-me-downs that had all sizes BUT they were all for boy babies so if I have a boy I am set, but if I have a girl I have lots of shopping to do. :)

Personally I don't see the need to buy a huge amount at first, as most people - whether working or on benefits - get paid weekly, so as baby starts to outgrow things you can just nip out and buy more.

I had titchy babies last time that were in early/tiny baby clothes for aaaages, but this time I had a growth scan at 32 weeks and they said he's estimated at over 8.5lbs, so this time I will be buying mostly newborn and a couple of 0-3 month bits.

Think about it, if you buy loads for the first year now, by the time your LO actually reached 9-12 months new designs will be out that you will probably prefer over what you've already got, so you'll have sort of wasted money as you'll be rebuying it all and baby probably won't have time to wear all the clothes you've bought :)

I havent bought any sleepsuits cuz it be a july baby!... But someone has bought me a summer dress when it be winter! :haha:

This sounds awful, but I hope my mom isn't watching Ebay! She sent a lot of clothes which will probably be too heavy. :blush:

Iv been lucky, my mums only bought vests for bigger sizes and a couple sleepsuits...
If I have a boy tho i am stuffed!!! LOL

I dont have any hand me downs from friends as they have all had boys... im the first to have a girl! .. so they didnt pass there stuff over!

i've bought some bits in NB, 0-3, 3-6, and 6-9, not loads in 6-9 but a few bits! im a shopaholic tho and always out for a bargain so if i see stuff partcularly in the sales i tend to get it :)

Totally gone overboard on vests in NB and 0-3 tho :dohh: x

I have loads of stuff from my first so I've only bought a few new things. I wouldn't have bought anything past 0-3 though if I was buying new stuff because you just don't know what kind of clothes you'll find easiest or what size your LO will be. For example, I kept my first in simple vests and sleepsuits until about 6 months but if she'd have been small, those 3-6 month clothes would have fitted her for longer, when I'd have wanted her in proper clothes. And if she'd have been in smaller clothes for longer, it would change what season she needed clothes for too.

Also, buying clothes is fun and I wouldn't want to ruin it for myself later on. It's really nice to buy clothes for your LO knowing what they look like and what kind of things look really cute on them.

ive got bloody allsorts lol i think the stuff i have bought goes up to 3-6 month (bought some stuff cheap in sales lol) then the gifts people have bought upto 6-9 month i think :-/ ive just put them all away they will save and i wont have to pay ou as much when she grows lol
i saw it in a mag somewere that if you see clothes that wont fit for a couple of months but are super cheap it is worth getting them as will save you money later x

I love shopping!! .. LOL
for baby clothes anyway! ..

I better stop though, by the time the LO is 6 months old it be xmas and no doubt il get more clothes then!! LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->