What size nappies/ how many do i need??

Poppeteer

Reaction score
:rofl: Ok I'm sorry, I have no clue, first child and don't have anyone to really ask for help on basics..... but.... :blush:

I really don't know how many nappies I need to have ready for LO, or what size they need to be.

Do the newborn size fit all bums? Have been told I'm having a big baby so don't want too many but want to take advantage of the special offers around.

So, ladies, how many nappies and what size are we getting in???

:hugs:

disposable or cloth :D

I went for cloth ones myself-they have a type called bum genius which have aadjustable velcro that fit from birth to potty. And for smaller bums you can pack them with '' stuffing cloths'' to prevent leakages.
I do have disposables on standby, only new born though. I guess you would only know about nappy sizes when little one is here to test them out :D
xx
xx

I have dissposable ones and have about 6 packs so far. I have no idea how many they use but have chucked them into my shopping when I am out.

I'm taking in about 2 packs of huggies/pampers newborn to the hospital (they come in packs of 27 I think).

This baby may be long, but I don't reckon on him being particularly big, so I reckon size 1 or 2 will do him for a while.

i personally wouldnt bother buying to many newborn nappies.

I've bought 2 packs of Pampers Newborn size 1 and then am stocking up on Size 2s as it says they fit from 6lbs anyway and I'm thinking I'd rather buy more of the larger size that I know he'll use eventually than lots of one that's too small. Hopefully the 2 packs of Size 1s will keep us going until we need to buy more if he is a tiddler

From my experience, I will only bought Newborn size just 2 packs, because the baby grow up fast, The diaper that I used longest time for my son is no. 3
If you breastfeeding then u must buy more because the baby poop a lot but not too much newborn size (2 pack in my case because my son was 7 lbs 11 oz already when he was born), Buy more no 1 and 2.

I bought 9 packs of size 1s! Haha thats only because they were on offer.

Ooh! Diapers have been on sale here.. I could buy tons, they're like 50% off.. I just don't want to end up with excess packs of size 1 or whatever that baby has grown out of?

I bought 9 packs of size 1s! Haha thats only because they were on offer.

:rofl:....you sound like me:happydance:

Size 1's are up to 11lbs anyway and with about 7-10 nappy changes a day when babies are newborn....you'll soon use them up:baby:

I've bought a few packs of size 1's and a few packs of size 2's, although realistically none of mine have been in size 2 nappies before a few months old. Toby is 1 year now and still only in size 3 nappies which the tabs meet in the middle so I can't move him up to size 4's coz they overlap and don't stick properly:dohh:

The smaller the size....the more nappies you get in the pack for the same money....so don't move up to the next size unneccessarily:dohh:

I was told Tom was gonna be a big baby and when he was born, he blatently wasn't, but I just went for pampers newborn and they were fine :)

disposable or cloth :D

I went for cloth ones myself-they have a type called bum genius which have aadjustable velcro that fit from birth to potty. And for smaller bums you can pack them with '' stuffing cloths'' to prevent leakages.
I do have disposables on standby, only new born though. I guess you would only know about nappy sizes when little one is here to test them out :D
xx
xx

I am really wanting to do cloth diapers and have heard great things about BumGenius--did you get the organics that are one-size? How many?

so far i just have 2 packets os new born size 2 pampers ** 2 packs for £6 in boots on pampers** i thought size 1's would be to small ?

I do not buy too many newborn sized diapers. They are so very small. The size 1 diapers should be what you buy a BIG box of.

Now, as far as cloth diapers. They have adjustable ones and smaller sizes. i would guess buy as many as you can get! That is unless you like to do wash lots and lots!

GL :)

about 18-20 cloth nappies is what's recommended to buy - that's enough for washing every other day, whether you use sized or birth-potty.

they run from £5 - £14. so how many can also depend on how much you can spend and which ones you want.

Cloth nappies work out to be almost half the price of disposables even when you add in the cost of washing them. I'm spending about £200 on the nappies themselves and will probably spend about the same washing them. Disposables would be over £700 for the same span - and if you use cloth ones again for your next child, they work out even cheaper!

I have 2 packs of size 1 (about 24 in each pack), which fit babies up to 11lbs, then 2 packs of size 2 (24 in one pack, 48 in the other) which go from 6lb to 13 lbs. Plus I have some how managed to get lots of little freebies along the way, most of which are size 1, so I figure that will do us to start with.

And seeing as we live just by a 24 hours Tesco, I can always send OH out for more!

charlie was 8lb 10.5 but henever fit in size 1 because he was so long he went straight too size 2, luckly my friend had a baby at the same time he was little enuf for size 1!! next time i'll only get size 2! u'll probably need loads of size 3 we used them for months!

I must have 3 packs of size 1 and enough of the next size up to last me till blummin March..lol

so far i just have 2 packets os new born size 2 pampers ** 2 packs for £6 in boots on pampers** i thought size 1's would be to small ?

Nah...size 2's will drown a newborn (unless over 10lbs:dohh:) and are more likely to leak coz they won't be "snug" enough and have gaps. My kids all wore the preemie nappies at 1st as they were all between 5lbs 13ozs and 7lbs 13ozs....they were such a better fit for a newborn, especially the 2 kids who were tiny:happydance:

Nah...size 2's will drown a newborn (unless over 10lbs:dohh:) and are more likely to leak coz they won't be "snug" enough and have gaps. My kids all wore the preemie nappies at 1st as they were all between 5lbs 13ozs and 7lbs 13ozs....they were such a better fit for a newborn, especially the 2 kids who were tiny:happydance:

I dont feel so bad about my ridiculous stash of nappies now! Unless I have a 10lb baby that is:shock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->