What size nappies/ how many do i need??

so far i just have 2 packets os new born size 2 pampers ** 2 packs for £6 in boots on pampers** i thought size 1's would be to small ?

Nah...size 2's will drown a newborn (unless over 10lbs:dohh:) and are more likely to leak coz they won't be "snug" enough and have gaps. My kids all wore the preemie nappies at 1st as they were all between 5lbs 13ozs and 7lbs 13ozs....they were such a better fit for a newborn, especially the 2 kids who were tiny:happydance:

I dont feel so bad about my ridiculous stash of nappies now! Unless I have a 10lb baby that is:shock:

Ouch:cry::rofl:....they'll still fit a 10lb-er:rofl:

i have not bothered with the size 1's i have just got 4 packs of size 2 pampers newborns, they fit baby from 6lbs to 17lbs i think and you get more in the pack for money. not expecting a small baby so will be fine

i have not bothered with the size 1's i have just got 4 packs of size 2 pampers newborns, they fit baby from 6lbs to 17lbs i think and you get more in the pack for money. not expecting a small baby so will be fine

You get more nappies in the smaller size for the same money not the other way around:baby:

We got 6 packs of Huggies newborn size 1, which fits 4-11lb babies (managed to get them for £1 each at Boots :happydance: ) and we have about the same of Huggies newborn size 2 (6-13lbs). We figure that should see us right for the first little while.

You get more nappies in the smaller size for the same money not the other way around:baby:

no you get 27 in the size 1's and 35 in the size 2's :D

no you get 27 in the size 1's and 35 in the size 2's :D

Yeah you can get different size packs....but they cost more

https://www.boots.com/webapp/wcs/st...mode+matchall&catalogId=11051&N=0&pageSize=12

We're using cloth. You can get them in "bulk" packs of 10, 20 or 40 usually. We're going for 20, which is plenty if you're washing every other day (I wouldn't personally leave them around longer than that to go too sticky or smelly!)

Depending on what brand you go for etc, cloth will usually cost about a third the cost of disposables, including laundry costs. One size cloth sets cost about £300 and disposables cost over £900 for 2.5-3 years.

I understand that a newborn will need changing about ten times a day. It drops to about six a day for the bulk of the baby's nappy-wearing life.

We're using cloth. You can get them in "bulk" packs of 10, 20 or 40 usually. We're going for 20, which is plenty if you're washing every other day (I wouldn't personally leave them around longer than that to go too sticky or smelly!)

Depending on what brand you go for etc, cloth will usually cost about a third the cost of disposables, including laundry costs. One size cloth sets cost about £300 and disposables cost over £900 for 2.5-3 years.

I understand that a newborn will need changing about ten times a day. It drops to about six a day for the bulk of the baby's nappy-wearing life.

Did you go for the one-size, like the organic BumGenius ones? I'm still trying to figure out what all to get--if I get around 20 (good point about not wanting to let them sit longer than a day!) then I also need extra inserts and other stuff too??? There's so much out there! It's so confusing!!! Also--we were thinking about doing disposable for newborn, if the one-size are too big at first. Is that the norm?

Did you go for the one-size, like the organic BumGenius ones? I'm still trying to figure out what all to get--if I get around 20 (good point about not wanting to let them sit longer than a day!) then I also need extra inserts and other stuff too??? There's so much out there! It's so confusing!!! Also--we were thinking about doing disposable for newborn, if the one-size are too big at first. Is that the norm?

We haven't made any firm decisions yet. You'll probably need to buy the disposable inserts several times over the ~3 years. You need roughly half as many wraps as nappies, e.g. 20 nappies, 10 wraps. The wraps are the waterproof bit!

We're going to use biodegradable disposables for the first few days as the meconium is apparently really hard to wash out :-o

I used washable with my eldest two but got frustrated with the constant washing as they seemed to leak and I had to change the babies clothes 2 or 3 times a day even though I tried the different folding tecniques etc:hissy:. I did persist for a long time and some were definitely better than others although not necessarily the ones that everyone else found great:dohh:.

I'd recommend trying a few different styles/makes as all babies are slightly different shapes etc and what's great for one may be useless for another.

Good luck and let us know which ones you find the best....I may have another try:blush:

I struggle with washing as it is.... Couldnt imagine having tons of nappies to wash as well. I would be chained to the washign machine

We have a washer-drier combi, so I just bung a load in and set it off. I don't have to come back to it for three hours. Doesn't feel at all like I'm chained to the machine :rofl:

Hi Hunn,

Unless a little,little bubs you wont really need many size 1's dont overbuy cos you will be left with nappies you cant use as if nappies are too small pee and other just comes out over the top, better to have a few packs of newborn and judge yourself, depending on how quick baby grows.

:hug:

I forgot to add that I'm using a nappy trial from here:

www.plushpants.co.uk.

She does trials and will help you decide which ones to try - the cost of the trial is the cost of the nappies + £6 postage. If you order, the cost becomes a deposit, if you don't she deducts £1 per nappy per week and sends you back the rest, less the postage.

I've got 7 different nappies coming once Bump is born....... will use eco-disposables for the 1st few days.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->