What symptoms did you notice before BFP?

FireMoonGypsy

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am new to this site and wasn't sure where to post this, so I thought this group might be best. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

My husband and I weren't planning on TTC until late 2015, so I got the non-hormonal IUD in August 2013. I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me, or if I'm experiencing other issues, but these are the symptoms I have been experiencing over the last 2 weeks:

Backache
slight, sporadic cramps
bloated feeling
mood swings
noticeably fuller, heavier breasts
darkened areola, right around the nipple
my skin looks really dewy today
everything tastes overly salted
I want fruit and guacamole, everything else feels too heavy
Today I started feeling the slightest bit queasy
Today I stated feeling light-headed and keep experiencing an elevated heart beat
The last 2 days I've felt very sleepy and tired
I just felt...weird. Like my body feels tingly and I have nervous/anxious butterflies in my stomach even though I'm in a good mood.

We had sex on the day/around the day I felt like my body ovulated. I O at weird times because my periods are slightly irregular. I just didn't think it would be possible since my doctor assured me that the IUD was the best form of BC out there, but I'm finding all these internet stories of people getting pregnant.

We would be super happy if we were pregnant now, but I'm curious, when did you know YOU were pregnant? Could you tell before your missed period or before the positive test? Have you heard of anyone getting pregnant on an IUD?

Thanks again for ready - sorry I am wordy. :dohh::dohh:

Hi!
My first and strongest symptom before i was due AF was very sore boobs. Like they looked like i'd had a boob job as well! Then gradually extreme tireness, nausea but that was more around 8ish weeks gone.
I have heard of a few people who have conceived whilst on the coil, but that's on here where we also see lots of people preg with twinnies!
Maybe you could take a test for piece of mind :)

I just felt different... had implantation pains first then I just didn't feel the same, wasn't overly sure when I was due so I waited until I felt I was late then I tested. About 2 days later I got sore boobs xx

Dry mouth at 6 dpo and boobs looking bigger lol

For me it was that my boobs had grown quite a bit and were extremely sore. The soreness was pretty unusual for me.

I had twinges and cramps (sometimes very painful ones!) from 4dpo-9dpo, my nipples were and still are incredibly sore and my boobs were covered in blue veins...even between them there was one bulging out! They were pretty much my three main giveaways as i've never felt so crampy, sore and twingy a week before my period is due and whilst my boobs often have blue veins (i'm very pale) they were going crazy! The headaches, tiredness, darker nipples and queasiness all followed :)

Yeah, it's been really strange. I am not sure when to test because my periods fluctuate anywhere from 5-13 days off. I'm not sure if it would pick anything up yet, but I am dying to find out.

Yeah, it's been really strange. I am not sure when to test because my periods fluctuate anywhere from 5-13 days off. I'm not sure if it would pick anything up yet, but I am dying to find out.

Generally, it's best to test 19-21 days since you last DTD.

Generally, it's best to test 19-21 days since you last DTD.

Right. I'm trying to remember exactly when my last period was, I'm not tracking because we thought we were safe. It was sometimes in mid or late april, but I don't remember the exact date. I'm sure it's all in my head, it's just really strange.

Really sore boobs! That was my main symptom. Little bit nauseous and things tasted different as well.

My symptoms were sharp shooting pain in my uterus 5 DPO, then cramping and very sore/heavy breast.

You'll have to keep us posted!

I was peeing constantly, day and night.

Absolutely nothing. In retrospect, I did feel implantation, but other than that nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->